SEPHP 5 Roadmap!!

• 111 posts
    October 30, 2019 1:37 PM EDT

Hello! 

Did ya miss me? I missed all of you! I love sneaking into HQ! There are always bacon bits on the floor at Ray’s desk and I get to share great stuff with all of you. While the team seems busy in a rousing match of ping pong, I’m gonna sneak in the dev room and grab screenshots for you! Ready to see what’s cookin’ for version 5? Here we go!

New Features

New Theme!

We’ve got an awesome, new responsive theme! This theme features an enhancement for accessibility so users can choose their font, contrast and more! Two designs that help showcase your site members and content in a modern, clean look. Here’s a peek:

Visitor Page, Two Styles

Friend Request Dropdown

Mobile App!

That’s right! We’ve got mobile apps coming for version 5. This is one of the most requested features and it’ll be FREE with your SE PHP license. These mobile apps are coming courtesy of SocialNetworking.Solutions! More details will be in our version 5 release blog.

Spam Control

We’re adding settings for flood control in order to help prevent spammer posts. This User Action Limit setting will let you control how your members can post on your site.

Two Step Authentication

This setting will have a code sent to the user when they try to log in. They’ll need to enter that code in order to continue logging in to their account. This is great for user security!

Enhancements

We’ve got even more coming! Here’s a quick list of enhancements included in version 5.

• Remove APCu Cache - 
    • Add member level settings for Group plugins.
    • Add more default plugins to Groups!
    • Add manual payment method for subscriptions.
    • Update user info widget with more options and add settings for each relevant option.
    • Allow admin to resend verification email.
    • Removal of orphaned files and database entries.
    • Much more!!

All of the above are in addition to bug fixes that we’ll incorporate into this version. We’re working towards an initial release for late fourth quarter 2019 or early first quarter 2020. Got questions? Please feel free to ask!

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at November 23, 2019 4:50 AM EST
    • 103 posts
    October 31, 2019 10:49 AM EDT

Hi! These Mobile Apps are they going to be the same as the ones the are charging for? Also is the APCu cache replaced or just gone!

• 6923 posts
    October 31, 2019 11:26 AM EDT
    iKori said:

Hi! These Mobile Apps are they going to be the same as the ones the are charging for? Also is the APCu cache replaced or just gone!

APCu will be removed. No replacement at this time. It just isn't as good an option as the other cache settings.

I don't know the features of their current mobile apps but these apps will work with the standard SEPHP features. Clients would get with SNS for customization to work with third party products but we'll have more details later on. Right now it's too soon to give many details. I've not even seen them yet.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    October 31, 2019 11:27 AM EDT

Will some optionally Enabled, such as:

- spam control

- 2 step auth

- orphaned removal

• 6923 posts
    October 31, 2019 11:57 AM EDT
    gs said:

Will some optionally Enabled, such as:

- spam control

- 2 step auth

- orphaned removal

Admin settings for those.

• 103 posts
    October 31, 2019 1:32 PM EDT

Thank you Donna!

• 78 posts
    October 31, 2019 3:06 PM EDT
    Great job! Keep it up!
    • 6923 posts
    October 31, 2019 7:52 PM EDT

Thank you @themrt! 

You're welcome @iKori!

• 25 posts
    November 1, 2019 9:27 AM EDT

Hello world and SEPHP Admins,

Congratulations for the 5 roadmap it is good news to come!

In regards with the intention to add more plugins to groups, it is a very good, indeed the Group plugin is very important, it is like a subcommunity into the main social community and network, in that regards it should have some consideration, the basic ones should be to add like with the main social network has, that are: blog, poll, classifieds, chat, video and while the release is for around Christmas that why not wrapping it up by adding a plugin that would please anyone that is a: document plugin!

The Group members tab, should be in grid view and not in list (or have both)

In last but not least, in regards with the Events plugins, you should consider the option to hide past events but most of all the feature and option to add recurring events that will be an event !

Regards

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at November 23, 2019 4:51 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    November 2, 2019 5:54 AM EDT
    Bruno31 said:

Hello world and SEPHP Admins,

Congratulations for the 5 roadmap it is good news to come!

In regards with the intention to add more plugins to groups, it is a very good, indeed the Group plugin is very important, it is like a subcommunity into the main social community and network, in that regards it should have some consideration, the basic ones should be to add like with the main social network has, that are: blog, poll, classifieds, chat, video and while the release is for around Christmas that why not wrapping it up by adding a plugin that would please anyone that is a: document plugin!

The Group members tab, should be in grid view and not in list (or have both)

In last but not least, in regards with the Events plugins, you should consider the option to hide past events but most of all the feature and option to add recurring events that will be an event !

Regards

Yes, regarding Groups we are adding what was requested in features before. We'll go into more detail soon. Not chat though.

Regarding your comment about events, did you check to see whether that is in the feature requests? If it isn't, you would want to add it to the feature requests and follow the posting guidelines for feature requests.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at November 23, 2019 4:51 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    November 26, 2019 6:39 AM EST

Changed to version 5.0 and beta is coming soon. Keep an eye out within the next few weeks! We do have requirement update with this so also check the requirements when we do release. Note that you'll not want to put a beta on a live community. Have a development site set up per the license terms or install it on a local copy of your site. 

• 25 posts
    November 27, 2019 1:16 PM EST

Hello Donna,

Sorry for my delay, I have added a new feature request for the event plugin.

I am ready for your coming soon release.

Regards

• 6923 posts
    November 27, 2019 2:24 PM EST

Thank you Bruno31!

• 103 posts
    December 9, 2019 2:53 PM EST

Hello everyone! I wonder! The Insignia the on 4.10.5 does not have the More+ option in the main menu. Is this going to be available in the new theme?

• 6923 posts
    December 10, 2019 5:04 AM EST

Yes a setting will allow you to use More+ if you want to

• 103 posts
    December 10, 2019 1:45 PM EST

Great Donna! This is a much needed option for the menus! thanks for the reply!!!  Just can't wait the new PHP upgrade!

• 265 posts
    December 13, 2019 9:26 AM EST

I am someone that bought SocialEngine on 6 November 2019, and part of my decision was based on there being a free update to what was then going to be 4.11 with the new theme. 

Given that version 4.11 was cancelled on 23 November 2019 and the version number increased to 5.0, will I be liable to pay for the update to 5.0 now?

This post was edited by abuk at December 13, 2019 9:26 AM EST
    • 25 posts
    December 13, 2019 11:37 AM EST

Hi Abuk,

Unlike some companies, SocialEngine doesn't charge for minor or major updates.

Have a great weekend.

• 265 posts
    December 13, 2019 12:10 PM EST

Unlike some companies, SocialEngine doesn't charge for minor or major updates.

Yes, but SocialEngine defines a major update as being from 4.x to 4.y, and a minor update as being from 4.10.x to 4.10.y

This leaves open the possibility that the 5.0 update is chargeable, and I just want to clarify this before investing any more time in to my project.

This post was edited by abuk at December 13, 2019 12:12 PM EST
    • 25 posts
    December 13, 2019 12:29 PM EST

Charging for a new major version just around Christmas time, I don't think that Santa will appreciate it

Don't over stress before the hour, you are a nice guy Sante told me! so be prepared for the great surprise of version 5

• 6923 posts
    December 14, 2019 4:15 AM EST
    abuk said:

I am someone that bought SocialEngine on 6 November 2019, and part of my decision was based on there being a free update to what was then going to be 4.11 with the new theme. 

Given that version 4.11 was cancelled on 23 November 2019 and the version number increased to 5.0, will I be liable to pay for the update to 5.0 now?

You won't have to pay for access to the update. We do charge for upgrade service for those that don't want to do it themselves but that is optional.

• 265 posts
    December 14, 2019 4:17 AM EST
    Donna said:

You won't have to pay for access to the update. We do charge for upgrade service for those that don't want to do it themselves but that is optional.

That's great. Thanks Donna.

• 6923 posts
    December 14, 2019 4:24 AM EST

You're welcome!

• 303 posts
    December 22, 2019 8:00 PM EST

we need a like button on this 

• 49 posts
    April 16, 2020 5:22 PM EDT

OK, I am confused. In the thread above, Donna said:

However, when I went to my SocialEngine account to get the files for the upgrade, there's a message that there's a $149 fee. I'm currently at version 4.10.5.

Can someone please clarify whether or not there's a charge to upgrade? My web hosting company will perform the upgrade for me; I just need the file(s).

Thank you!

Rebecca