Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Ability to edit feed posts in PHP with pictures

• 4 posts
    November 4, 2019 9:29 AM EST

People are posting pictures as well as descriptions of the events or activities that the pictures show.  If there is a typo or other need to edit the description, they can not do it in SEPHP.  If they post an item in the feed that contains only words, then that post is editable. 

This seems like a massive oversight and, had we known about this major limitation before buying and setting up our site, we would not have used SE. 

Here is a feed that did not have a picture embedded:

And here is a feed with a picture embedded (same user)

The edit function has been written, but something about including a picture makes it go away.  This feels so elemental to a social platform that we could not believe it is not part of it.

Thanks for considering my request!

• 3742 posts
    November 4, 2019 9:39 AM EST

Oh, I thought you meant that you wanted to edit the picture itself. Let me go test this.

• 3742 posts
    November 4, 2019 9:44 AM EST

It works fine at the demo. Please test there. https://demo.socialengine.com/members/home

• 3742 posts
    November 4, 2019 9:44 AM EST

Sorry for the image! I wasn't making fun. Just realized that it could come off as me being a smarty pants. I just like that chimp as he makes me smile.

• 4 posts
    November 4, 2019 11:16 AM EST

the Chimp is awesome!  But I do not have that ability on my site...is there a setting?

• 3742 posts
    November 4, 2019 11:17 AM EST

The demo is set up with the default settings. I'll go look to see if I can find one. I know in member levels there is a setting for editing feeds but you mentioned they can already edit other feeds and it's just photo feeds that aren't editable. This may be an issue with your plugin or theme.

• 3742 posts
    November 4, 2019 11:25 AM EST

I can't find a setting for it. It's possible I missed it but the only setting I found is in the member level settings per member level but it just controls how long a member can edit a feed, "Maximum Allowed time for editing status posts."

• 4 posts
    November 4, 2019 12:11 PM EST

I will check with Social Networking Solutions.  It is their theme and plug in we are using and they told us the ability to edit was not native to SE.  Thank you!

• 92 posts
    November 4, 2019 1:22 PM EST

We had this problem too with the new version 4.10.5.

So we bought an ADDON on Socialengineaddon.com and we do not regret it.

This new wall detonated the site in terms of visits. Really happy.

If you want the address to see it, contact me privately.