Very important features

• 318 posts
    November 18, 2019 9:11 AM EST

SocialEngine is really a very good product.

However, it has 2 huge gaps.

1) Recurring payments do not work properly.
    When the subscription period ends, the member's status will not drop.
    This is a huge problem because we have to manage it manually.

But the worst :

2) Can not give rights to blocks (Layout Editor) depending on the status of the member.
    This is the basis for monetizing a website and allow some particular displays.
    All CMS, even those who are dying like Boonex (The site is closing) have this feature for over 10 years !

This penalizes us seriously in the development of our sites and makes us lose a lot of time.

I hope you will think about it in your next versions.

Thank you again for your work and help.

• 6923 posts
    November 18, 2019 9:55 AM EST

Hi, this is not the correct area if you want a feature to be considered. Please post in the correct section. Features should be one feature per post. Here's where to post, https://community.socialengine.com/forums/8/sephp-feature-requests but please follow the guidelines or your request will be rejected: https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/3/submitting-feature-requests

Regarding issue 1, I know we tested this many times and have had other clients who use subscriptions without any issues when the subscriptions end. Perhaps there is an issue on your site or perhaps I am not fully understanding the issue.

• 318 posts
    November 18, 2019 10:09 AM EST

Sorry to have posted in the wrong section. (Can you move the post ?)

For the 1, no, when the subscription of a PREMIUM member is finished, it does not return to FREE (for example).

Are we talking about the same thing ?  It's for RECURRENT PAYMENT

This post was edited by Lovea at November 18, 2019 10:24 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    November 19, 2019 5:10 AM EST

I cannot move it as it is not in the proper format for feature or bug reports. For the issue with subscriptions, you would submit that in the bug area for us to test and please give all of the info you can in order for us to test it.

For the feature request for widgets, please submit that one in the feature request area but please put all info we need as we have stickied posts that say what needs to be included in bug reports or feature requests in order for us to test or consider. 

• 6923 posts
    November 19, 2019 5:10 AM EST

I cannot move it as it is not in the proper format for feature or bug reports. For the issue with subscriptions, you would submit that in the bug area for us to test and please give all of the info you can in order for us to test it.

For the feature request for widgets, please submit that one in the feature request area but please put all info we need as we have stickied posts that say what needs to be included in bug reports or feature requests in order for us to test or consider. 

• 6923 posts
    November 19, 2019 6:11 AM EST

My apologies. I got SE Unite confused with SEPHP. In SE Unite, when setting subscriptions you can choose the fall back member level. In SEPHP, you cannot. We are looking at trying to add this for 5.0 as it should be there. If it is not too late already to add it to that upcoming release, we'll do it. 

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at November 26, 2019 6:35 AM EST
    • 318 posts
    November 20, 2019 6:27 AM EST

Thanks a lot !