Emoticons in Upgrade working, but unable to add new ones...

• 128 posts
    November 27, 2019 5:13 PM EST

The ladies on my site are happy with the new emoticons! I am particularly happy with the fact that we can delete emoticons such as the martini glass, wine glass and beer mug. THANK YOU SOCIAL ENGINE!

I'm trying to add some Emoticons that would be custom for our community lingo. I'm getting an error message though and it won't allow me to do this. I checked the error log and it is showing up as this:

2019-11-21T23:56:24+00:00 CRIT (2):
    Error Code: 51f26c
    Engine_Image_Exception: No available adapter for image operations in /home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/application/libraries/Engine/Image.php:52
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/application/modules/Album/Model/Photo.php(148): Engine_Image::factory()
    #1 /home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/application/modules/Album/controllers/AlbumController.php(492): Album_Model_Photo->setPhoto(Array)
    #2 /home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Album_AlbumController->composeUploadAction()
    #3 /home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('composeUploadAc...')
    #4 /home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #5 /home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(84): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #6 /home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run()
    #7 /home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/application/index.php(223): Engine_Application->run()
    #8 /home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/boot.php(47): include('/home/wfsonline...')
    #9 /home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/index.php(24): Engine_Boot->boot()
    #10 {main}
    2019-11-23T10:58:20+00:00 CRIT (2):

Any thoughts?

• 6923 posts
    November 28, 2019 5:11 AM EST

Hmmm. What type of file? Does your hosting keep up with our requirements? They should have Imagick and GD installed. https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/81788966/se-php-socialengine-requirements also check permissions https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5112151/se-php-optimized-file-and-folder-permissions

• November 28, 2019 7:02 AM EST

Hello nancers,

If you want our support team to look into this issue, then please contact our team at support@socialnetworking.solutions . We will be glad to assist you at our best.

Regards

Team SNS

• 128 posts
    November 29, 2019 10:32 AM EST

THanks for your suggestions, Donna. I will check with our hosting folks as our first step. 

• 128 posts
    November 29, 2019 12:15 PM EST

Update from our hosting folks: 

We have enabled both ImageMagick and GD for your currently used PHP Versions

I saved one of the existing emoticons and duplicated as many of the settings as I could to create my own.  (its a png image, 48 x 48)

When I upload it, the error message is gone - smile

But it looks like this: 

When I go to chat, the emoticon doesn't work. In fact none of them work and we are back to the old emoticons. frown

(Deviland Angelno longer work)

I am convinced the emoticons are cursed for my site, lol!

• 6923 posts
    November 29, 2019 12:35 PM EST

Hmmm. What did they do when they updated the server? Did they make sure they didn't change permissions to something that doesn't work? Did they make sure to only go up to PHP 7.2 as we mention in our requirements that 7.3 won't work? Just trying to help. Here's the permission tut just in case:

https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5112151/se-php-optimized-file-and-folder-permissions

Is there perhaps a customization that is getting in the way of the upgraded emoticons? 

Could the host have somehow put back the old version of SEPHP and maybe you aren't fully on 4.10.5?