How to add Specific Question Types

• 15 posts
    August 18, 2017 10:44 AM EDT

Dear community,

I have 80 new questions to add to a new Profile Questions Heading.

All questions are of the Radio Button question type, and they allow one of three options: 0=Rarely or Never; 1=Sometimes; 2=Almost Always

It seems that using a new Specific Question Type is strongly called for.

However, I cannot find any way to add it, and cannot even find the database table that stores generic and specific question types.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Shlomo

• 6923 posts
    August 18, 2017 11:21 AM EDT

Did you follow the tutorial for profile questions?

Do you mean profile types or new question heading?

Can you provide a screenshot of what you want?

• 15 posts
    August 19, 2017 1:44 AM EDT

Thanks for your reply, Donna.

I have read the Profile Questions document thoroughly. Excellent document, by the way.

I am still referring to the object in the add/edit question page that is titled "Question Type". Please see screenshot below:

As I have written before, I have 80 questions to add that ask for the same user input; one of three preset options:

1. Rarely or Never;
    2. Sometimes;
    3. Almost Always.

It is time consuming to add these Radio Button option to each and every question, manually.

I was wondering if there is a way to use the definition across all 80 question without duplication the question.

The three options reside in table: engine4_user_fields_options as you can see below:

Thank you,
    Shlomo

• 6923 posts
    August 20, 2017 6:00 AM EDT

I don't know of any way to reuse it as it maps to the specific question.  I guess you could experiment on a development site and see if it breaks anything to reuse it via database changes. There is most likely a plugin in the marketplace by a third party developer that deals with this sort of thing though.

• 15 posts
    August 20, 2017 7:01 AM EDT

Thanks Donna,

All my direct SQL attempts caused the mapping to break indeed.

Also, I looked at various membership plugins by your certified experts and there was no mention of such an capability.

All is well. Just wanted to know if there's anything I'm missing.

Thanks again,
    Shlomo

• 629 posts
    September 9, 2017 3:32 AM EDT

That functionality doesn't exist in Social Engine. It does in Dolphin Pro but that's a whole other ball game.

Your best bet is to use one profile question type and fill in the answers manually. It will pay off I assure you of this.

• 15 posts
    September 10, 2017 11:39 PM EDT
    Elshara Silverheart said:

That functionality doesn't exist in Social Engine. It does in Dolphin Pro but that's a whole other ball game.

Your best bet is to use one profile question type and fill in the answers manually. It will pay off I assure you of this.

Thank you, Elshara. That's what I'll be doing then :-)