V5 vs V4.10 comparison?

• MWL
    • 6 posts
    January 15, 2020 12:33 AM EST

Hello. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of any documentation that outlines the major differences between 4.10.5 and 5.0. I would like to see if they upgrade is worth the purchase for us at this point.

• 6923 posts
    January 15, 2020 5:20 AM EST

It would be best for you to use the posts in the forum for the releases and compare to what you have already. Also, check the demo link I posted in the release posts here in the community. There are a lot of differences for how it looks (new theme), new free mobile apps coming, speed improvements, and a list of things that have been fixed and improved. It includes flood control, two step auth, and other stuffs.

• 303 posts
    January 15, 2020 8:14 AM EST

The first comparison I need to know is how much is the fee for this version that has one thing I need done for my site in it? You know the issues I have had. Can I get a discount on it and how much is it? What is your version time frame for the mobile app? 

• 6923 posts
    January 15, 2020 8:34 AM EST
    whatonearth said:

The first comparison I need to know is how much is the fee for this version that has one thing I need done for my site in it? You know the issues I have had. Can I get a discount on it and how much is it? What is your version time frame for the mobile app? 

Mobile app is coming with the stable release once that is out. It won't be too long. Fee was mentioned in another thread and I don't know it off the top of my head but if you log into your account it should show there if you click to buy (you would get a confirmation page to actually buy so you can click it without actually paying if you just want to see the fee). Discounts need to be addressed via a ticket to the sales desk as I don't know of any discounts running atm. 

• 303 posts
    January 15, 2020 8:49 AM EST

So there is no project schedule? It's soon? You don't know the cost? Is it the same as buying a new version? I don't see it in my client area and the link in your announcement email I just got goes to the main page. Where?

• 6923 posts
    January 15, 2020 9:40 AM EST

We have a schedule but we never post an actual date as dates need to be flexible in case of last minute issues. The cost should be around $149 but I am not in that section to see as I'm testing the rc version atm and filling the new demo with content. I will try to check as soon as I can. In your client area if you hadn't purchased the access in your dashboard there is a big orange banner above the downloads. We posted it in the initial beta release forum post.