Why site shows xxxxxx.com/index.php

• 103 posts
    January 27, 2020 9:27 AM EST

Hello! Greetings! Does anyone knows why the site all of the sudden when called upon shows xxxxxxx.com/index.php instead of just xxxxxxx.com. Can someone please explain and give a fix if possible?

My site is showing this right now: http://xxxxxxx.com/index.php/members/home, and the index.php was not shown before.

Thanks in advance.

• 6923 posts
    January 27, 2020 2:20 PM EST

This is not for SocialEngine Unite as it doesn't use index.php. Are you sure you are using SE Unite? You've posted in that area. Note that I can move this to the SE PHP area if needed. Also, mod_rewrite and your .htaccess handle the short urls. You would check on that.

• 103 posts
    January 27, 2020 3:32 PM EST

Please move it Donna! I did not see the mistake I did!

• 6923 posts
    January 28, 2020 4:14 AM EST

Did you check the htaccess and mod_rewrite?

• 103 posts
    January 28, 2020 6:44 AM EST

I did and searching in google I came with this, but is not working:

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / #1) redirect the client from "/index.php/foo/bar" to "/foo/bar" RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} /index\.php/(.+)\sHTTP [NC] RewriteRule ^ /%1 [NE,L,R] #2)internally map "/foo/bar" to "/index.php/foo/bar" RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^(.+)$ /index.php/$1 [L]
    This post was edited by socialenginestaff at January 28, 2020 9:43 AM EST
    • 103 posts
    January 28, 2020 6:46 AM EST

That is a sample.

• 6923 posts
    January 28, 2020 9:45 AM EST

Rather than delete your post, I edited it this last time to add the code tags. Please use the button to the right of the smiley button when adding code per the forum terms. Thanks. Perhaps your host can help? I know this works fine at BryZar with the standard htaccess but I am not sure of your hosts configurations.

• 103 posts
    January 28, 2020 12:43 PM EST

BryZar is yours, right? Which plan would you really suggest for my 2 sites? And with this I would not bother any more on this subject!!!

• 6923 posts
    January 28, 2020 2:57 PM EST

I do own it with a partner and it is the recommended host for SocialEngine. My partner can check the sites and recommend but normally the 2GB plan works fine. It depends on plugins installed really. Some are heavy and some are not. There's also a $25 credit towards many of the plans, one time credit in the account that can be used monthly until used up. https://www.socialengine.com/support/hosting-providers