Forums » SEPHP Help and Tips

Content Delivery upon user signup

• 5 posts
    January 27, 2020 6:41 PM EST

We are looking at delivering content to new users as the join. The purpose is to teach them a process. I have done this on a membership website but, I was looking to see if it can be done with SEPHP. Our content will primarily be Video for this effort.

Thank you in advance!

NextUp Life Support

• 4257 posts
    January 28, 2020 4:30 AM EST

I believe there are some site tour plugins in the store. I found only one https://www.socialengine.com/store/product/step-by-step-webpage-tour ;. I'm not sure if it works with video but you could check with the developer. 

• January 28, 2020 4:57 PM EST

Messaging / Chat will be a very effective way to send such on-boarding content to your new users. Many websites use Chat for new user on-boarding, by sending formatted text, video, photo, audio, etc. via Chat messages.

Such Welcome Messages can be sent to users automatically via Chat from a Bot Account, or an Admin Account.

• 5 posts
    January 28, 2020 6:24 PM EST

I don't believe you all understand what Content Delivery means? Content Delivery occurs based upon a triggered timeframe. So the first item is released on day 1, The next item can be released on say day 7, the third item could be release on day 10 or any day sequence you would like to have released.Here is an actual example:

Day 1 - Step 1 in getting started - Delivering only the content for this step (could be video, text, etc)

Day 3 - Step 2 What's next - Delivering Day 3 content and still able to see Day 1 and nothing further.

Day 6 - Step 3 What HIIT means - Delivering Day 6 content while still having access to Day 1, Day 3 content.

Day 8 - Step 4 Checkin to see how you are doing is not delivered or seen until Day 8!

etc.

I hope this is clear in the explanation.

Thank you,

NextUp Life Support

• 14 posts
    January 29, 2020 3:06 AM EST
    NextUp Life said:

I don't believe you all understand what Content Delivery means? Content Delivery occurs based upon a triggered timeframe. So the first item is released on day 1, The next item can be released on say day 7, the third item could be release on day 10 or any day sequence you would like to have released.Here is an actual example:

Day 1 - Step 1 in getting started - Delivering only the content for this step (could be video, text, etc)

Day 3 - Step 2 What's next - Delivering Day 3 content and still able to see Day 1 and nothing further.

Day 6 - Step 3 What HIIT means - Delivering Day 6 content while still having access to Day 1, Day 3 content.

Day 8 - Step 4 Checkin to see how you are doing is not delivered or seen until Day 8!

etc.

Thank you,

NextUp Life Support

Hi,

Thanks for your explanation. It seems that you want to deliver some content in form of video to new users signing up on your website based upon time interval set by site admin. 

This can be done via Emails. However, these emails need to be sent to such users manually by admin. Additionally, according to the current functionality, you cannot insert a video directly to Email Body. So, you can add a link for the video in the email. 

If you want to automate this process then it would be a custom change. 

• 4257 posts
    January 29, 2020 5:31 AM EST
    NextUp Life said:

etc.

Thank you,

NextUp Life Support

I do know what Content Delivery is and is why I mentioned the site tour as I've seen tours that can be programmed to run on specific triggers/days/events, etc. I do not know if the one I linked in our store can do that but it was a thought. 

• January 29, 2020 6:35 AM EST

@NextUp Life, have understood your requirements well wrt delivering Content to new users, at pre-defined triggers based on time & events.

Chat is already being used by many Websites & Apps for exactly such user-onboarding, by sending relevant content to users from Bot / Admin accounts.

In case of simple triggers like the sequence mentioned by you, a bot function can be created in your website's backend code or on AWS Lambda. Chat also helps you track user interaction with the content (like "Read Receipt" to know if user has seen the content).

• 5 posts
    January 29, 2020 12:36 PM EST

Hi Neha Arora, Yes you are correct. That was the purpose for the clarification. I have used a membership website along with an e-mail system to provide this type of functionality. The website software also prevented access until the time limit is met. So it was essentially drip feeding the member. I have learned that this is key in keep people engaged with a program.

Hi Donna,  I looked at the link you provided and maybe the name of website tour is misleading. It did not seem to actually deliver the content as you mentioned. We have been engaging with Social Network Solutions around this topic.

Hi Channelize.io Team, This solution is not the direction we would like to go for this project. Thank you for your input.

Thank you,
    NextUp Life Support

• 14 posts
    January 30, 2020 7:13 AM EST

Thanks, @NextUp Life. This is a custom feature request as current functionality does not support such programs. 

You may take experts' help in order to get this developed.