SocialEngine PHP 5.0.0 Released!

• 6923 posts
    January 29, 2020 5:09 PM EST

We are very happy to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 5.0! This exciting release adds mobile apps, a new theme, lots of improvements and fixes. Now’s the time to upgrade or start your new community with SocialEngine PHP!

Full details are in our blog but a few highlights:

Serenity Theme

This fully responsive theme has a beautifully laid out UI with the user in mind. Clear fonts make navigation a breeze. The crisp design works well in any contrast mode and gives your community an exciting look and feel.

Mobile apps
    iOS and Android mobile apps are now available for v5.0! These apps are free for SocialEngine clients to enjoy. We know this is what everyone’s been waiting for too! You'll be able to test them on the demo in 24-48 hours once they are approved from Google and Apple for the demo. You can download the mobile apps from the SocialEngine store when logged in.

Improved Login Security
    New password routine with checkboxes helps your users create better and stronger passwords. Two Step Authentication is another security improvement that clients can choose to enable. This helps ensure your users are authentic and helps prevent spam.

New Groups Features!
    Our most requested improvement other than adding the mobile apps was to extend the Groups plugin. We’ve added blog, poll, and video to the group plugin for clients that have the SocialEngine plugins. We also added member level settings for official plugins for groups in order for admins to control what each member level can do in the groups.

Improved Spam Settings
    Spam is always a top concern for communities. As such, we’ve added flood control settings to help you keep spammers from adding all those junk posts that you have to delete. No more of that!

And lots more!

As we have mobile apps, our minimum requirements have been updated. If you want to use the mobile apps, please be sure to check with your host and send them our requirements list.

As we have a new theme, Insignia is now EOL (end of life) and not being updated. It is available as a free download to SocialEngine clients and experts in the SocialEngine store. 

In addition to retiring Insignia, with the new responsive theme, the Mobile plugin is no longer necessary and that also is EOL (end of life) and not being updated. It also is available as a free download to SocialEngine clients in the SocialEngine store.

A complete changelog is available for more details about the changes and fixes implemented in this 5.0 release. Please view our demo of v5 and explore the new features! Please note that it will be 24-48 hours before the mobile apps are available at the demo as Google and Apple need to final check.

You can download your copy of version 5.0 from your client dashboard. New clients will see the download available. For clients not seeing the download, a small fee is required in order to unlock this version. 

If you find any issues with this release, please let us know by filing a bug report in our Bug Tracker. We’d also like to encourage you to stay connected with the community.

With Great Appreciation,
    The SocialEngine Team

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at January 30, 2020 9:22 AM EST
    • 303 posts
    January 29, 2020 7:24 PM EST

Bravo guys

The new style looks fantastic, i'll be upgrading next month when i have the funds 

• 24 posts
    January 29, 2020 7:56 PM EST

it might be just me but I did the upgrade to 5.0 and I see no difference then in the 5.0.0rc1, im not seeing the other themes I litterly mean no difference at all lol. it must be something I did wrong.

This post was edited by AJFortin at January 29, 2020 7:56 PM EST
    • 10 posts
    January 29, 2020 8:38 PM EST

I thought the 5.0 version was going to be no charge for current clients? Did this change?

• 6923 posts
    January 30, 2020 4:45 AM EST
    PeppaPigKilla said:

Bravo guys

The new style looks fantastic, i'll be upgrading next month when i have the funds 

Glad you like it

• 6923 posts
    January 30, 2020 4:47 AM EST
    AJFortin said:

it might be just me but I did the upgrade to 5.0 and I see no difference then in the 5.0.0rc1, im not seeing the other themes I litterly mean no difference at all lol. it must be something I did wrong.

It won't look different than RC as the RC is the release candidate for this version. If you aren't seeing the same theme that is on our new demo, please enable it in the theme editor and please follow the tutorial in the learning center which is linked in the thread I made for new v5 tutorials. It shows to enable development mode and disable development mode in order to bring in the new theme stuff.

• 6923 posts
    January 30, 2020 4:48 AM EST
    mr360 said:

I thought the 5.0 version was going to be no charge for current clients? Did this change?

This was covered in the beta release thread and blog. The blog should show in your admin panel unless you disabled the SE blogs from showing. It is no charge for clients who purchased within 90 days of the beta release though. 

• 318 posts
    January 30, 2020 2:45 PM EST

Fantastic.

We have completed a full installation with our SocialEngineAddons and everything works fine.

Thank you for your work.

• 6923 posts
    January 31, 2020 4:08 AM EST

That's great to hear!Thank you too!!

• 348 posts
    January 31, 2020 6:34 AM EST

Many Congratulations SocialEngine Team and Donna for the amazing major release with lots of new features, improvements, bug fixes and a new theme.

The upgrade looks fantastic and will be highly beneficial for SE PHP users.

Regards,

SocialApps.tech Team

• 6923 posts
    January 31, 2020 6:58 AM EST

Thank you @SocialApps.tech

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at January 31, 2020 6:58 AM EST
  • February 1, 2020 12:31 AM EST

Many Congratulations everyone for the beautiful new Serenity theme, bug fixes, many new featuers and Mobile Apps. It is indeed a result of lot of hard work and dedication.

Thank you everyone for all the appreciations !!

Regards

Team SNS

• 6923 posts
    February 1, 2020 6:17 AM EST

Thank you @SNS cool

• 4 posts
    February 1, 2020 9:00 AM EST

Thank you  SocialEngine and SNS team and everyone who worked on the new release! It is exciting, and I am planning to upgrade my website in the next 5 days.

Luba

• 6923 posts
    February 1, 2020 12:59 PM EST

Thank you @Luba! 

• 24 posts
    February 1, 2020 3:53 PM EST

anyone get the Mobile Apps? I nned help figuring out the docx they sent me, i dont know how to answer nearly any of the information they are asking for, so if anyone is willing to help it woud be greatly Appreciated

• 24 posts
    February 1, 2020 3:53 PM EST
    AJFortin said:

anyone get the Mobile Apps? I need help figuring out the docx they sent me, i dont know how to answer nearly any of the information they are asking for, so if anyone is willing to help it woud be greatly Appreciated

sorry i just realized i posted this to the wrong group

• 6 posts
    February 1, 2020 6:16 PM EST

I think the team Socialengine and SNS has made a new landmark in the journey of Socialengine platform to a new level. This is a beautiful and well done job this time around, this means you guys are really listening the the yawning of many of us. Thanks for this amazing release, it is actually full of new features, improvements, mobile app, and bug fixes.

• 6923 posts
    February 2, 2020 5:24 AM EST
    Afrosky said:

I think the team Socialengine and SNS has made a new landmark in the journey of Socialengine platform to a new level. This is a beautiful and well done job this time around, this means you guys are really listening the the yawning of many of us. Thanks for this amazing release, it is actually full of new features, improvements, mobile app, and bug fixes.

Thank you!

• 6923 posts
    February 2, 2020 5:24 AM EST
    AJFortin said:

anyone get the Mobile Apps? I nned help figuring out the docx they sent me, i dont know how to answer nearly any of the information they are asking for, so if anyone is willing to help it woud be greatly Appreciated

Have you contacted SNS support? I'm sure they will help or if you have specific questions feel free to open a thread if you prefer to ask in the forum.

• 303 posts
    February 2, 2020 5:35 AM EST
    Forum would be a fantastic place to ask as other will benefit from it and it will show off the support we appreciate.
    • 6 posts
    February 2, 2020 5:37 AM EST
    Afrosky said:

I think the team Socialengine and SNS has made a new landmark in the journey of Socialengine platform to a new level. This is a beautiful and well done job this time around, this means you guys are really listening to the yawning of many of us. Thanks for this amazing release, it is actually full of new features, improvements, mobile app, and bug fixes.

Our collective Thanks from Afrosky goes to you guys for a job well done

• February 2, 2020 12:10 PM EST

hello,

I want to address the elephant in this room since i have to pay for the new upgrade, or will 4.10 be my last, Great upgrades and mobile apps but, will google adds be allowed in this mobile app, or will it cost another fee to get one .

Second social engine solutions was generous in their offer but will plugins from other developers be compatible. The rest API is great but does it work only with the mobile apps or is it stand alone and can be used all over the site . Will the mobile apps be included in further upgrades or thats it.

Other developers have mobile apps, why should we buy yours. I like the upgrade in the payment section since my country "Nigeria" is under a ban from PayPal and most online financial institutions.I have survived so far by grit alone.

• 2 posts
    February 2, 2020 5:12 PM EST

It was with great expectation the welcoming of SE.V5 ! Great job to SE-Dev Team and all that participated on this new version.

I also want to give kudos to Social Network Solutions on building great apps on SE !

And I cannot forget Donna for always keeping us up to date... been at the front line with such enthusiasm makes all the difference !

the future of SE has only begun ;o)

• 6923 posts
    February 3, 2020 4:36 AM EST
    Pansini said:

It was with great expectation the welcoming of SE.V5 ! Great job to SE-Dev Team and all that participated on this new version.

I also want to give kudos to Social Network Solutions on building great apps on SE !

And I cannot forget Donna for always keeping us up to date... been at the front line with such enthusiasm makes all the difference !

the future of SE has only begun ;o)

Thank you!