SocialEngine PHP 5.0.0 Released!

• 6923 posts
    February 3, 2020 4:44 AM EST
    Mafindi (Mahammad Abbas) said:

hello,

I want to address the elephant in this room since i have to pay for the new upgrade, or will 4.10 be my last, Great upgrades and mobile apps but, will google adds be allowed in this mobile app, or will it cost another fee to get one .

Second social engine solutions was generous in their offer but will plugins from other developers be compatible. The rest API is great but does it work only with the mobile apps or is it stand alone and can be used all over the site . Will the mobile apps be included in further upgrades or thats it.

Other developers have mobile apps, why should we buy yours. I like the upgrade in the payment section since my country "Nigeria" is under a ban from PayPal and most online financial institutions.I have survived so far by grit alone.

That elephant was ridden back in the beta release and answered. It was also answered pretty much in the listing at the store.

For one, this is a free app in the store. You are not purchasing the app. It's free. You can either use it or not use it. That's up to you. As a free product worth about $1000, it was quite generous of SNS to provide it for SE. I didn't see any google ads when I tested the app. Feel free to test it from our demo. No one is forcing you to use these.

The fee is not for the app. Again. You can get that in the store for free. The fee is for the access to v5 and the new improvements, bug fixes, new theme. As a bonus, there are those free mobile apps that can only be used in v5 and up. 

If you don't want to use the free apps, again you aren't buying them, feel free to pay for mobile apps from other devs. 

https://www.socialengine.com/store/product/native-ios-and-android-mobile-apps that is the listing in the store where it clearly states what the app supports, SocialEngine plugins.

• 303 posts
    February 3, 2020 5:35 AM EST
    Trying to find the app demo but struggling. Got a link ?
    • 6923 posts
    February 3, 2020 5:40 AM EST

The buttons in the footer of our demo https://demo.socialengine.com 

• 303 posts
    February 3, 2020 5:45 AM EST
    Was after this

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/socialengine-basic-app-sns/id1495756498

• 303 posts
    February 3, 2020 5:51 AM EST
    Is there a forum section for the apps to feedback to the developers and so everyone can see what’s reported and suggested plus a great place to help each other with the api
    • 6923 posts
    February 3, 2020 5:57 AM EST

The forum section for bugs and features is the SEPHP bug and feature section as this is part of the SE stuff.

• 6923 posts
    February 3, 2020 5:58 AM EST

Please follow the posted guidelines though. One issue per thread. Thanks.

• 6923 posts
    February 3, 2020 6:01 AM EST

I should also mention, it's super important if posting bugs for the responsive theme or the apps that the device, device OS version are posted too. If posting for the responsive theme, please also post the browser.

• 303 posts
    February 3, 2020 6:22 AM EST
    Reported some.

Just minor things.

Apps amazingly fast and I love the layout.
    • 6923 posts
    February 3, 2020 6:23 AM EST
    PeppaPigKilla said:
    Reported some. Just minor things. Apps amazingly fast and I love the layout.

Thank you for your help and feedback!

• 2 posts
    February 3, 2020 6:48 AM EST

As always. Thank you Danna for keeping us up to date and all the team that participated in the new update. Thank you Social Network Solutions for all the hard work you put into it and for your great service

• 6923 posts
    February 3, 2020 6:53 AM EST
    Adan martinez said:

As always. Thank you Danna for keeping us up to date and all the team that participated in the new update. Thank you Social Network Solutions for all the hard work you put into it and for your great service

Thank you too for your feedback!

• 183 posts
    February 3, 2020 10:03 AM EST

Donna, could you please clarify one more time, is it free of charge or not? I do not see the button Download in my Dashboard. I can choose Get V5 Access, but in this case the system requires payment of 140 USD. Is this a small fee you mentioned?

And another qst. If I upgrade to this new version will all the plugins (SE) that were installed for 10.5 version will work?  Thank you.

• 303 posts
    February 3, 2020 11:30 AM EST
    Katya said:

Donna, could you please clarify one more time, is it free of charge or not? I do not see the button Download in my Dashboard. I can choose Get V5 Access, but in this case the system requires payment of 140 USD. Is this a small fee you mentioned?

And another qst. If I upgrade to this new version will all the plugins (SE) that were installed for 10.5 version will work?  Thank you.

If you see get access and its 140usd then you will need to pay the fee to gain access to version 5 and the apps. 

If your purchase was within 90 days then it should be free. ( not sure if its 90 days rolling from present-day or 90 days from the announced beta release)

• 183 posts
    February 3, 2020 12:12 PM EST

PeppaPigKilla said:

If your purchase was within 90 days then it should be free. ( not sure if its 90 days rolling from present-day or 90 days from the announced beta release)

Which purchase?

Beta version was announced in December, am I right?  (topic was started in December 26, 2019 4:06 PM MSK)

• 6923 posts
    February 3, 2020 2:14 PM EST

If you purchased a license within 90 days of the beta release, you have access to v5 without an extra fee. If you didn't purchase a license within that timeframe, you would need to pay the $149.

Only the official SocialEngine plugins for v5 are compatible. If you have third party plugins, please check with those experts as none of them have released v5 versions yet.

• 265 posts
    February 3, 2020 4:54 PM EST

In my Dashboard, all the apps have upgraded to 5.0 except for the Mobile app, which offers either 4.10.5 or 5.0.0b1. Is this correct?

• 6923 posts
    February 4, 2020 4:48 AM EST
    abuk said:

In my Dashboard, all the apps have upgraded to 5.0 except for the Mobile app, which offers either 4.10.5 or 5.0.0b1. Is this correct?

Yes please read through the first post here and also the blog as there are things that we deprecated. Mobile plugin is one of them. The mobile app is not in your dashboard unless you get it from the store, It is a different thing than the old mobile plugin.

• 265 posts
    February 4, 2020 6:21 AM EST
    Donna said:
    abuk said:

Yes please read through the first post here and also the blog as there are things that we deprecated. Mobile plugin is one of them. The mobile app is not in your dashboard unless you get it from the store, It is a different thing than the old mobile plugin.

Thanks for the explanation regarding using the Store - that's the detail that I missed :-)

• 303 posts
    February 5, 2020 5:22 PM EST
    Bought the update.

Who do I contact about the apps ? I’ve installed the api from the store
    • 24 posts
    February 5, 2020 5:43 PM EST
    PeppaPigKilla said:
    Bought the update. Who do I contact about the apps ? I’ve installed the api from the store

You file a ticket with Social Engine Solutions here: https://socialnetworking.solutions

• 303 posts
    February 5, 2020 6:23 PM EST
    WitchGoddess said:
    PeppaPigKilla said:
    Bought the update. Who do I contact about the apps ? I’ve installed the api from the store

You file a ticket with Social Engine Solutions here: https://socialnetworking.solutions

Thank you 

• 303 posts
    February 5, 2020 6:26 PM EST

well that fell flat, ive logged in to create a ticket with them but it tells me after ive logged in i need to login, so im confused and i cannot send them a ticket about that either because of its a continuous loop of login

• 24 posts
    February 5, 2020 6:45 PM EST
    PeppaPigKilla said:

well that fell flat, ive logged in to create a ticket with them but it tells me after ive logged in i need to login, so im confused and i cannot send them a ticket about that either because of its a continuous loop of login

I had the same issue. I found that after I log in, that if I try to create a ticket with this button instead of the big button in the client area it works. After that, the button there somehow started working for me. It's weird.

• 303 posts
    February 5, 2020 6:55 PM EST

Thank you that worked.