Error list

• 303 posts
    February 7, 2020 8:33 PM EST

Is there an error list ? 

I've got a fresh new site and did multiple photo uploads and when i click on any of them they give me errors each is a unique error too. 

Also the album i added them to became untitled and shows no photos either. 

• 6923 posts
    February 8, 2020 4:47 AM EST

There is always the log browser in admin if you mean is there one in the site. I've not seen that issue on our demo. 

• 6923 posts
    February 8, 2020 4:54 AM EST

I would love to know what that error list shows too. Is there any way permissions are not set per the old tutorial? It is still valid. Any way mod_sec is enabled or open_basedir? Long shots but those can do weird things. Even PHP 7.3 can do weird things. 

• 6923 posts
    • 303 posts
    February 8, 2020 7:58 AM EST

These sort of errors 

• 303 posts
    February 8, 2020 8:15 AM EST

Ok it does it on your demo too 

https://demo.socialengine.com/albums/editphotos/36

I did a batch upload, I gave the album a name also which doesn't happen. Also the pictures do not upload to the demo either.

When you upload 1 photo it works fine, but do a batch upload and you get the problem. 

https://demo.socialengine.com/albums/photos/view/37/95  This is the one image upload 

• 6923 posts
    February 8, 2020 9:56 AM EST

The error you posted doesn't help because errors are random letters and numbers so you'll need to see the error in the log browser and match that series to what you see. The error will then be easier to know what it is.

For our demo, did you make sure the images were all small enough? We limit size as it's just a demo. You need to make sure your server also has the server settings to support the images you are trying to upload.

Not enough info to test as that demo was something I worked on with the staff to upload photos and we didn't have any issues but I do still want to test once we have more info. Such as the name of the album and sizes of the photos. Where are you uploading from? What browser/os? 

• 303 posts
    February 8, 2020 10:08 AM EST

Chrome 

windows 10

images sizes are fine as when i do 1 image at a time it works fine. 

The demo ( and my site ) ignores the name for the album too, i put a name in and it still names it untitled. 

Error logs show 

Error: Call to a member function isOwner() on null in /home/r6hq/public_html/revival.gg/application/modules/Album/controllers/PhotoController.php:48 Stack trace: #0 /home/r6hq/public_html/revival.gg/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Album_PhotoController->viewAction() #1 /home/r6hq/public_html/revival.gg/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('viewAction') #2 /home/r6hq/public_html/revival.gg/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http)) #3 /home/r6hq/public_html/revival.gg/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(86): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() #4 /home/r6hq/public_html/revival.gg/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run() #5 /home/r6hq/public_html/revival.gg/application/index.php(223): Engine_Application->run() #6 /home/r6hq/public_html/revival.gg/boot.php(47): include('/home/r6hq/publ...') #7 /home/r6hq/public_html/revival.gg/index.php(24): Engine_Boot->boot() #8 {main} 2020-02-08T01:30:38+00:00 ERR (3): Error Code: 180e10
    • 6923 posts
    February 8, 2020 10:12 AM EST

Image sizes combine when uploaded together as far as server specifications are concerned so it can cause issues if uploading more than one. It will time out for the server and then cause various issues. I'll test. How many images? What sizes? 

• 6923 posts
    February 8, 2020 10:14 AM EST

Oh and is this from the feed or do you go to the photo section to do the upload? 

• 6923 posts
    February 8, 2020 10:18 AM EST

https://demo.socialengine.com/profile/admin/action_id/498 ok it worked from the feed for those photos I had. I'll try in an album

• 303 posts
    February 8, 2020 10:19 AM EST
    Donna said:

Image sizes combine when uploaded together as far as server specifications are concerned so it can cause issues if uploading more than one. It will time out for the server and then cause various issues. I'll test. How many images? What sizes? 

Interesting, I wasnt aware of that, size combined was 60mb however limit was 50mb. Just changed my upload limit and that works. Would it be worth having some sort of safeguard when uploading photos to tell you this ? 

I'm also doing this through the photos part of the website.

This post was edited by PeppaPigKilla at February 8, 2020 10:20 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    February 8, 2020 10:24 AM EST

https://demo.socialengine.com/albums/view/41 those seemed to work. Will test from my win 10 later, with those same photos which are all well under 1mb (I mean each one is under 1mb)

• 6923 posts
    February 8, 2020 10:25 AM EST
    PeppaPigKilla said:
    Donna said:

Interesting, I wasnt aware of that, size combined was 60mb however limit was 50mb. Just changed my upload limit and that works. Would it be worth having some sort of safeguard when uploading photos to tell you this ? 

I'm also doing this through the photos part of the website.

We have or had a feature request that someone had added before to have a warning to the user if they selected a total amount over the server limit. It is not a small request to make though it sounds like one. We should find some sort of improvement though.

• 6923 posts
    February 8, 2020 10:28 AM EST

I love macro photography and it is quite annoying to get photos all set and then not find out til after that they can't be uploaded so I do see the issue. Maybe some sort of progress bar for the user to see the size total of what they are uploading and then admin can set their limit per member level such as default is allowed to upload a max 20mb at a time. As most clients know their server limits or can easily find that info and then ensure that each member level setting is well below the server max.

• 6923 posts
    February 8, 2020 10:29 AM EST

If that sounds good, can ya do me a favor? Can ya write a feature request with that info? I'll forget this if it's not in the feature section and I can't find the old request.

• 303 posts
    February 8, 2020 10:31 AM EST

Yeah sure thing, i like the idea.