Events don't show up with Networks enabled

• February 27, 2020 4:28 PM EST

When I create an Event and select to use the Network feature, then the event doesn't appear on the website for non-logged in visitors. How can I fix this so that all of the events appear for non-logged users, but once you are logged in, then whatever network you select then those events will show?

• 6923 posts
    February 27, 2020 5:39 PM EST

As a non-logged in user can't select a network to be in, you would need to not set these to have a privacy for networks. I can't think of any way to do what you want as networks are a privacy setting. I'll give it more thought to see if I can think of anything you could do.

• 303 posts
    February 27, 2020 10:56 PM EST

Maybe this has something to do with my issue? Networks? Can I turn them off? I submitted two support ticket btw, one with admin log on. If you need cpanel let me know soon. I am going to go into surgery in the morning and God willing it will be uncomplicated but if I die I want to leave things working for those I leave behind. Please let me know.

• 303 posts
    February 28, 2020 1:51 AM EST

I was right. The network feature is what was causing my issues with posts not showing up. I deleted all the networks and then resaved the posts and they are showing up now. I tried saving them before and that didn't work until I deleted the network stuff. I wish I could completely remove all traces of that network stuff. That should be a paid plugin and not a feature in the out of the box version. Who needs that? How can I remove it? It's got issues.

• 6923 posts
    February 28, 2020 4:53 AM EST

I hope your surgery goes well. Networks are a privacy setting that can be great for sorting content into specific interests.I use it on my author site for genres. It works fine there. Anyway, here's the tutorial for networks, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5243294/se-php-networks