Forums » SEPHP Help and Tips

updating from 4.8.10 any issues?

    • 154 posts
    August 29, 2017 10:25 AM EDT

    Ive been waiting so long to do the update, just so 3rd party devs could catch up.

    Before doing the update, wondered if any known issues before i execute this?

    • Moderator
    • 5871 posts
    August 29, 2017 10:40 AM EDT

    I've moved this to the correct category. Please only posts bugs in the bug section.

    I strongly advise you to make a development site of your main site before upgrading, just to make sure things are fine.

    I upgraded my 4.8.13 live site after first downloading a backup and then upgrading that on local to see. All I needed to do was fix font sizes as I like them bigger (1em) instead of .8 I believe. I then upgraded my main site but this was 4.8.13 to 4.9.1 or 4.9.3 I think. Not sure if that helps you at all.

    This post was edited by Donna at August 29, 2017 10:41 AM EDT
    • 71 posts
    August 29, 2017 12:08 PM EDT

    @Daniel It depends on changes you have.


    In any case never do an update (even a small one) on the live server. It's like asking for a trouble even if you are feeling lucky.


    Get some sandbox setup on the same server (duplicate one, but with just test users). Try there to see if everything goes smoothly.

    • 154 posts
    August 29, 2017 6:27 PM EDT

    I have 3 staging servers on subfolders

    1 clean install SE only
    1 clean install including plugins
    1 clone of site in current state.

    I do all 3 before the live server, just wondering if any bugs to be aware of prior

    • Moderator
    • 5871 posts
    August 30, 2017 4:58 AM EDT

    Please note that one license allows one main site and one development site. A second license would be needed for a third site.

    I don't know of any bugs for upgrading if using 4.9.4p1 and following the new steps in the upgrade guide mentioned in our forum post.

    • 626 posts
    September 9, 2017 2:51 AM EDT

    Hey, Daniel.

    I think you should be fine upgrading directly. Just apply the patch from 4.8X to 4.9X and you're good to go. It's posted on the social engine blog. No issues from my side.