Twitter video links not importing

• 3 posts
    March 8, 2020 3:18 PM EDT

Version: SE 5.0.1

Description: when posting a twitter link (with video) it is presented in the feed as if it were an image.

Accessing the same link in the user's profile (links tab) is presented in a way that I understand correctly.

• 6923 posts
    March 9, 2020 5:14 AM EDT

Please provide the link to test. 

• 6923 posts
    March 9, 2020 8:27 AM EDT

I tested a few twitter links and it imports as an image to the feed as it should. When I check my Links tab on my profile, I don't see it any differently. I don't think this is a bug but will have our dev team check when they are back from their holiday.

• 3 posts
    March 11, 2020 5:23 AM EDT
    Donna said:

I tested a few twitter links and it imports as an image to the feed as it should. When I check my Links tab on my profile, I don't see it any differently. I don't think this is a bug but will have our dev team check when they are back from their holiday.

understand ... but if the twitter link has a video, in the feed we have a small image and clicking takes us to the publication on twitter ... but in the profile links tab we can see the video without leaving the site (as if it were a youtube video).

• 6923 posts
    March 11, 2020 6:27 AM EDT

We don't allow posts to adult sites. I had asked for the twitter link. As for your site, for me on chrome and firefox it does not show a video. It shows an image for the post you had mentioned that I had to delete due to the content on the site and our stated terms.

• 3 posts
    March 12, 2020 11:22 AM EDT

ok, so see the same behavior on the SE test site

I shared the link below:
    https://twitter.com/artsatisfatoria/status/1233471145325875200

This post was edited by Liber Pater at March 12, 2020 11:23 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    March 13, 2020 5:27 AM EDT

What browser are you using? For me it looks the same in both the feed and the account when I share one for Chrome and Firefox as it only shows the image and no video for me. Also, what profile is that at the demo so I can look?

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at March 13, 2020 6:46 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    March 13, 2020 6:45 AM EDT

I can't try the link as it doesn't exist on twitter.

• 6923 posts
    March 17, 2020 7:51 AM EDT

I've moved this to feature requests as it is working as designed. We would need to look at improvements, keeping security in mind if we do this.