file and media manager link crash

• Jim
    • 20 posts
    March 14, 2020 2:12 PM EDT

so when i try to go to my file and media link the site crashes. A file or something isnt right. core/views/scriots/admin-files index.tpl was changed. when i replace file with older one the file list when clicked.

The original issue was that when i try to choose my logo from a theme there is no list. problem exists even if i change the file to an older version

• 6923 posts
    March 16, 2020 5:26 AM EDT

Please post bug reports per the stickied guidelines at the top of the bug area. This is not complete and we need more info such as what version of SEPHP you have. I have no trouble with 5.0.1 in getting to the file manager. I can't reproduce this at our demo. Are you sure the upgrade routine fully ran when you ran it? Are you on 5.0.1? 

• Jim
    • 20 posts
    March 16, 2020 9:20 AM EDT
    I am running 5.01 and yes this is a upgrade. I can try the upgrade again and see if the error persists.
    • 6923 posts
    March 16, 2020 9:53 AM EDT

Ok let us know please and also please double check folder permissions and that the server is up to the new requirements. 

• Jim
    • 20 posts
    March 17, 2020 9:08 PM EDT

can you please tell me which folder i should check? is it the core? i have alot of changes and i dont want to go through all that work again.

• 6923 posts
    March 18, 2020 5:08 AM EDT

For permissions? You would make sure your permissions match the tutorial. https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5112151/se-php-optimized-file-and-folder-permissions

• Jim
    • 20 posts
    March 18, 2020 9:49 AM EDT
    Not just permissions but which folder to re upload to fix the file and media issue.
    • 6923 posts
    March 18, 2020 9:53 AM EDT

I am not sure as it seems as though the upgrade wasn't run fully to overwrite old files perhaps. We've tested with our team in various scenarios and cannot reproduce any issue.

• 6923 posts
    March 18, 2020 9:54 AM EDT

If you have a development site, it would be best to test there and see what works. Making sure it's set up per the terms. Perhaps you can debug it on that and then apply any fix to your main if you don't want to re-run the full upgrade.

• Jim
    • 20 posts
    March 18, 2020 11:19 AM EDT
    No I don’t one set up but maybe I should. Thanks
    • 6923 posts
    March 18, 2020 11:29 AM EDT

You're welcome. If you still have issues with a fresh development (I would try a fresh first), it could be server related. Perhaps if that does happen, check the server requirements and maybe post your server setup info (no login details or links or anything private) just the setup itself such as php version, mysql, etc.

After trying a fresh, if you see the fresh works fine, delete that and see if you can restore a backup from before the upgrade to your development subdomain you made for the first test. Again, keeping it in a password protected directory so that the public can't access. Then, run the full upgrade on that.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at March 18, 2020 11:30 AM EDT