Image, logo in url tab

• 474 posts
    March 19, 2020 12:57 PM EDT

Hei folks.

I was looking to add my logo  so that it appears in the url tab (above the https search bar), just like SE does.

In my old php v4.10 it had a section so that I could place such a logo.
    however in phpv5.0.1 I cant seem to find that ability. Either: im looking in wrong place or the function is not included.

Any ideas ?

thanks Mikel

• 303 posts
    March 19, 2020 1:02 PM EDT

hey, 

it's in the root folder 

fav.ico

favicon.ico 

usual names of the file you can save your logo as the name fav.ico too. 

place it in the root of your domain so:

www/domain.com

public_html/domain.com 

depending on the web server. 

• 474 posts
    March 19, 2020 1:10 PM EDT

Hei Peppapigkilla

Thanks for you help... I knew it was somewhere...but I don't remember it being in favicon. was in the admin panel settings..im sure it was. anyway il have a look at favicon.

mikel.

This post was edited by Mikel at March 19, 2020 1:25 PM EDT
    • 303 posts
    March 19, 2020 1:34 PM EDT

These icons are favicons 

and here it is in my domain root 

• 6923 posts
    March 20, 2020 1:45 PM EDT

Make sure you follow the tutorial when making your favicon.ico file as it needs to be named favicon.ico as shown in the tutorial. You then upload it to your sever as shown in the tutorial screenshots. Then, fully clear browser cache (not site cache but your browser cache such as chrome, firefox, etc). Here's the tutorial https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5243181/se-php-creating-and-adding-a-favicon  . SEUnite had an uploader for the favicon as it used the site logo. SEPHP never has had one though it is on the list of feature requests.

• 474 posts
    March 20, 2020 3:06 PM EDT

Hei.
    ok, so I'm reading the instructions.
    I created my image and got the html code.

I'm looking at the support article link.
    Bearing in mind I'm on the BryZar hosting. in my www.domain area, exactly what location am I to upload the image to ??

I'm looking at the article and there's several boxed files..

thanks
    mikel

• 6923 posts
    March 20, 2020 4:00 PM EDT

There is no html code. It is an actual image file. You upload the file to your server and the script/browser do the rest.Just make an image like the tutorial shows and name the image the same name, favicon.ico . Look at the screenshot in step 3. It shows the favicon.ico file. Upload that file to the folder where socialengine is installed. It should be in the public_html folder.

• 474 posts
    March 21, 2020 9:31 AM EDT

Hei Donna..

so here is a screen shot of my files...

I dont see any Public_html file.

• 303 posts
    March 21, 2020 9:34 AM EDT
    That’s because you’re in it.
    • 474 posts
    March 21, 2020 9:42 AM EDT

hei PeppaPigKilla

smile-big.png well...Don't I look stupid... hahaha

This ispmanager is odd, not looking like the old system with tmdhosting...Cpanel...when I actually had a: public_html file that on the list under my Public file.

Ok so a quick question:
    Do just upload my favicon.ico file anywhere in the file, looking at the image above.. so i just click "upload" and select my file ?

This post was edited by Mikel at March 21, 2020 9:43 AM EDT
    • 303 posts
    March 21, 2020 9:52 AM EDT
    Yeah, just upload into the directory you’re in
    • 474 posts
    March 21, 2020 10:12 AM EDT

Hei..

Thanks... Il do that now.

mikel.

• 6923 posts
    March 21, 2020 11:19 AM EDT

Mikel, please get familiar with the BryZar knowledge base as it'll help you. https://kb.bryzar.com/category/server-management/ispmanager-panel/ that's for ISPmanager. There are a number of tutorials there for how to use ISPmanager. You can also use FTP instead of ISPmanager to upload files.Ask at BryZar if you need more tutorials.

• 474 posts
    March 21, 2020 11:37 AM EDT

hei Donna

Already been looking at tutorial..

I created the favicon file for a 16x16, using the tutorial you provided...no problem...but adding the HTML code for the image is not working because I don't have the attributes/permissions.

oh-well. job for another day.

thanks donna
    mikel.

• 303 posts
    March 21, 2020 11:57 AM EDT
    You don’t have to add html to anything. It really is just upload the favicon.ico and that’s it. Clear your browser cache and it will take effect. Nothing else is required.
    • 474 posts
    March 21, 2020 12:16 PM EDT

Hei. 

yes,,i got it sorted now thanks.

Issue is or was...the SE / BryZar tutorial say how to do it, however on the link provided it give you other instructions..
    so it was a conflict of information between two sources..

Think tutorial just needs a little tweek.

But all good now..

Thanks PeppaPigKilla and Donna

mikel.

• 6923 posts
    March 21, 2020 5:38 PM EDT

Hi mikel! Thanks for letting us know. I'll add a task for me to check that tutorial and change it in our Learning Center. The one at BryZar doesn't point to anything so it shouldn't need any update.If it does, please post a ticket in BryZar. Or, please let me know in a PM to add that to the list at BryZar.