Responsive Default Theme

• 103 posts
    September 1, 2017 2:19 PM EDT

Hello! I want to know if any one has the default theme made into a responsive one. Responsive I think is when it adapts into any screen without changing anything done to it. Right? Is it easy to convert it into one?

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 1, 2017 2:59 PM EDT

Do you mean the new Insignia Theme?  I don't use it (I use SES' SpectroMedia which is incredible and very very Responsive), but I thought Insignia was already a responsive theme (how responsive I don't personally know)?

Just my 2 cents of what I learned after several hundred $$ and lots of testing and some customizations - there are levels of 'Responsive'.  I have not tried Insignia yet, but all other themes I bought and tested (except for SpectroMedia) did a horrible job of Responsive-ness.  For example, on large tablets, they would display the same 1 column of widgets that small phones did, rather than the 2 or 3 column layout on Desktop.  I understand small displays are limited, but most tablets are not in this way.  A good responsive theme will also allow you to eliminate using the Mobi Plugin (I'm not referring to iOS/Android Apps). 

Anyway, enough of my input.  Just wanted to warn you in case you didn't realize being Responsive isn't like being pregnant. 

• 6923 posts
    September 1, 2017 3:27 PM EDT

I use Insignia on my author site without any issues at all. I am using mobile plugin (SocialEngine official Mobi plugin). Works fine.

Our SocialEngine Atlas theme will be released within the next week or two. That is a fully responsive theme without a need for the mobile plugin.

• 103 posts
    September 2, 2017 5:13 PM EDT

Thank you both! I will wait to see all about the Atlas Theme. Looks interesting!

Chao! For now!

• 629 posts
    September 9, 2017 2:47 AM EDT

Yes the default theme the only one that comes with the product by default now is fully responsive. However the code required for Search Engine Friendly Mobile Spacing by default is not, which is why the mobile plugin exists for now. I hope this will be fixed soon.

• 103 posts
    July 18, 2019 8:29 AM EDT

Was the issue Engine Friendly Mobile Spacing fixed?

• 6923 posts
    July 18, 2019 8:56 AM EDT

There is no issue reported for that, https://community.socialengine.com/forums/9/sephp-bug-issue-reports  . Someone would need to report the issue by following the guidelines https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/4/submitting-issue-bug-reports as we would need full details with screenshots and steps to rest and reproduce any issues.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at July 18, 2019 8:56 AM EDT
    • 41 posts
    October 4, 2019 11:15 AM EDT

Regarding the Insignia theme, is there a standard size for cover photos?

Here's why I ask: I'm trying to put an advertiser's message in a cover photo, and before I start trying to figure out how it works with the responsive "break points," i.e. mobile and tablet, I thought I should start with the basics.

• 6923 posts
    October 6, 2019 5:22 AM EDT

Do you mean cover photo or banner? The banner size is in the tutorial for banners. Your question would be more helpful if it were in its own thread as others might look for the same.I didn't see any size mentioned in the member level tutorial for the default cover photo size. I can check the code if you do mean cover photo but would really like it if this question were in its own thread.

• 41 posts
    October 15, 2019 10:17 AM EDT

I meant the cover photo. I will make this its own thread.