Member Passwords

• 474 posts
    April 1, 2020 3:11 PM EDT

Hei Social Techs.

Just got a question / request.

Would it be possible to make: Member Passwords visible only to admin.

reason: I was asked by the Uk NCA (national crime agency) Police force..
    If I could have this function. 
    They wanted access to a members account to monitor it for a period of time because this person has gone missing abroad. At the moment I can only give them access to the account by going through my admin panel with a special account.

Many Thanks
    mikel.

• 6923 posts
    April 2, 2020 5:43 AM EDT

Ouch. Wow. Hmmm. How to do this and stay secure? Best option IMO is something that allows admin to set a secondary password for a user account. Allowing passwords to be viewed is not so secure. But, having a secondary temp password sounds like an option. Perhaps it would be active for x days and then they can request again? How about brainstorming on how best this could work?

• 474 posts
    April 2, 2020 2:19 PM EDT

Hei. Donna.

Secondary password... of course yes...

How could admins set this up or would it take something like a new product feature to be added at a later date by SE Techs.

Brainstorm idea:
    1, maybe when a member signs up with a password the system would also create a random generated secondary password for admin use.
    2, admin could create a random secondary password created by password generator system..
    3, there could be a secondary password box in which admin (superadmins) could create a password for special use..

If any other members have any ideas...

Thanks Donna

mikel.