SE 4.10.p5 Default Page | Polls | Not Respecting View Privacy

• 201 posts
    April 8, 2020 12:19 PM EDT

Mostly as an FYI the default Polls page is not respecting default privacy.

Showing up on Search Engines.

My site only has a landing page - to see content pages you must login - this works for all default pages but browse polls.

Making custom pages URL /pages/ has a section called "Viewing Permissions" that allows for this setting to control who see this page including search bots and public.

Default SE pre built pages, do not have the "Viewing Permissions" (which is odd) settings so this cannot be overcome.

I gather a partial work around would be to create a custom page for polls but this still leaves the default page searchable. 

Anyone still running this version to check or to check on version 5. 

Thanks 

This post was edited by Miami Shade at April 8, 2020 12:22 PM EDT
    • 201 posts
    April 8, 2020 3:14 PM EDT

@Donna you can probably delete this - it looks like in the plugin I had public viewing of polls allowed - my fault

I guess I skipped that check but I have found others working through the site URL check

mywebsite.com/hashtags can't make this one private 

This post was edited by Miami Shade at April 8, 2020 5:37 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    April 9, 2020 6:17 AM EDT

The hashtag issue is in the other bug report. I had reported to have the devs check each plugin so we should get all of it fixed. This is the delay in releasing 5.1.0. We had hoped for release this week but once that bug got posted, we had to delay release for that. I'm final testing all of the other fixes though.