Photo Comments Not in Activity Feed?

• 233 posts
    June 15, 2020 1:39 PM EDT

Hi all

Using SE PHP Version 4.10.5 and SE Photo Plugin Version 4.10.5.

Is the SE Photo Plugin designed to only display comments on activity feed made at the folder level? On individual photos when commented don't see these comments at all in activity feed on homepage?

On homepage note 5th post photo album titled "Identification Fun!", comments shown at photo album level. If you click the individual photo itself ... http://www.friendsofthepawneegrassland.org/albums/photos/view/148/3433, you'll see comments made here that do not show in Activity feed.

Thanks Gary

• 6923 posts
    June 16, 2020 7:12 AM EDT

Hi Gary, what are your settings for the photo comments for activity feed? You can see at our demo the settings I mean, https://demo.socialengine.com/admin/activity/settings/types/plugin/album/type/comment_album_photo and make sure you've got them set to show in the main activity feed if that's what you are asking about.

• 233 posts
    June 16, 2020 11:09 AM EDT

Hi Donna

Here are my settings below. So, a few questions on this choice behaves:

• If I set "When a user (subject) comments on another user's (object) photo" as choice and post a new photo will it appear on activity feed or does it appear on activity feed only when someone comments on that photo?
    • My current setting (in blue) I observe my photo(s) gets captured in the activity feed (I usually load multiple photos to an album) and also I see comments when someone comments at the album level but not when the comment at the individual photo (in an album) level

Thanks Gary

• 265 posts
    June 16, 2020 11:40 AM EDT

Gary - in your screenshot, the most important detail is omitted - is it enabled? :-)

This post was edited by abuk at June 16, 2020 11:41 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    June 16, 2020 12:08 PM EDT

Each setting is a different setting. So you need to set each one of those as you want it. And, as Abuk mentions, it needs to be enabled. Have you set each setting as you want it?

• 233 posts
    June 16, 2020 12:43 PM EDT

Hi all

Okay I understand how ti works now. Can you define what attachment, subject, object and activity mean as shareable? Thx Gary

• Yes, only attachment will be shareable
    • Yes, only subject will be shareable
    • Yes, only object will be shareable
    • Yes, only activity will be shareable

• 233 posts
    June 16, 2020 12:43 PM EDT

Use scenario I post a photo to an album, attachment, subject, object, activity mean?

• 6923 posts
    June 16, 2020 1:22 PM EDT

Please view tutorials for explanations as it's a long explanation and the tutorial has screenshots.

https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5145005/se-php-activity-feed-settings

It is explained there. You may want to bookmark our Learning Center to help you find tutorials in the future.