After Upgrade: Some Videos - We're sorry!

• 303 posts
    July 15, 2020 6:52 PM EDT
    2020-07-15T22:48:48+00:00 CRIT (2): Error Code: fd921f Engine_Api_Exception: Unknown item type: video_category in /home/networks/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Api.php:384 Stack trace: #0 /home/networks/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Api.php(484): Engine_Api->getItemInfo('video_category', 'moduleInflected') #1 /home/networks/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Api.php(299): Engine_Api->getItemApi('video_category') #2 /home/networks/public_html/application/modules/Video/Model/Video.php(290): Engine_Api->getItem('video_category', 8) #3 /home/networks/public_html/application/modules/Video/views/scripts/index/view.tpl(22): Video_Model_Video->getCategoryItem() #4 /home/networks/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View.php(157): include('/home/networks/...') #5 /home/networks/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Zend_View->_run('/home/networks/...') #6 /home/networks/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(912): Zend_View_Abstract->render(NULL) #7 /home/networks/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(933): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->renderScript('index/view.tpl', NULL) #8 /home/networks/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(972): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->render() #9 /home/networks/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/HelperBroker.php(277): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->postDispatch() #10 /home/networks/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(527): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->notifyPostDispatch() #11 /home/networks/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('viewAction') #12 /home/networks/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http)) #13 /home/networks/public_html/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(86): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() #14 /home/networks/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run() #15 /home/networks/public_html/application/index.php(223): Engine_Application->run() #16 /home/networks/public_html/boot.php(47): include('/home/networks/...') #17 /home/networks/public_html/index.php(24): Engine_Boot->boot() #18 {main}
    This post was edited by socialenginestaff at July 15, 2020 7:19 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 15, 2020 7:22 PM EDT

This category issue keeps popping up on your site. It's kinda hard to figure out. A few questions.

1. Are these imported videos from when you imported to SEPHP?

2. If these are newer videos from after your import, are they uploaded videos or shared from someplace like YouTube?

3. As this category issue keeps happening, was there ever any third party product that you removed that would have either been for videos or advanced categories? 

Just trying to track this down and so the info above would be very helpful. As my own site is an import from the same script you came from, I will be upgrading it this weekend and see if I get the same video problems too.

• 303 posts
    July 15, 2020 8:09 PM EDT

1. No these are new videos. 

2. They are shared from someplace. 

3. I used the company that changed it's name and I used their advanced addon SEAO but it's now another company. 

• 303 posts
    July 15, 2020 10:17 PM EDT

How do I fix this or should I use the back up and skip the updates from now on. At least it was working somewhat even though it still has a lot of problems no one knows how to fix. 

• 6923 posts
    July 16, 2020 4:32 AM EDT

Most likely that table was altered by the plugin. You may be able to compare those videos to some that work and see in the db if there is any specific difference. We did add a setting for YouTube and the video plugin tutorial is updated. I don't think that would cause this issue though as it had nothing to do with the video_category showing in your error. 

• 6923 posts
    July 17, 2020 8:51 AM EDT

Thank you for your help Ritika!

• 303 posts
    July 20, 2020 7:40 AM EDT

I tried and tried to get the developer to help me. They put me off or try to sell me something to fix any issues. It got so painful going around and around with them I gave up. They would not help me without me paying them more. I just want to warn people. It's a trap to make you pay and pay and pay. Don't buy the plugins. If Donna trusts you I would be happy to give you access to see what you can do to make it work. However, I did revert back to the back up I had and it's not on the upgrade. I can upgrade it again or you can. Let me know.  

This post was edited by whatonearth at July 20, 2020 7:42 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 20, 2020 7:42 AM EDT

The fix is posted above by SocialEngineAddOns (SocialAppsTech) team member Ritika who is a moderator here to help. Please try her solution.

• 303 posts
    July 20, 2020 7:44 AM EDT

I don't understand what she is saying. May mind get it when someone says: Find this code: 1< whatever ... and replace it with this code: < whatever

• 6923 posts
    July 20, 2020 8:22 AM EDT

If you look in the two files she mentioned, do a search for the code. As it's not in default sephp files, I cannot tell you what line it's at so it must be from their plugin. Once you find that code, replace it with the other code. Or, find those two files and replace them with current files for your version you are using. I would say to first backup those two files to your computer. Then, replace them with the new se files. Clear all cache. See if the videos work.

• 348 posts
    July 20, 2020 8:54 AM EDT
    whatonearth said:

I don't understand what she is saying. May mind get it when someone says: Find this code: 1< whatever ... and replace it with this code: < whatever

Hi there, 

If you are facing any difficulty with fixing this at your end, please feel free to reach our support here: support@socialapps.tech 

Most probably the video category table is missing in the database if the code replacement does not work. Inserting the table in db will surely fix this. 

I will make sure the issue is fixed. 

Thanks!

• 303 posts
    July 24, 2020 7:59 AM EDT

I am emailing you now.

• 303 posts
    July 24, 2020 10:51 AM EDT

Haven't heard back. What are your hours? Please let me know you received my email.

• 348 posts
    July 24, 2020 2:11 PM EDT
    whatonearth said:

Haven't heard back. What are your hours? Please let me know you received my email.

Yes, the team has received the email and is in conversation with you.

Thanks!

• 348 posts
    July 31, 2020 6:34 AM EDT

Hi whatonearth,

As communicated via support, the issue with the videos has been fixed. Mentioning the fix here just for other community member's reference. 

The issue was not due to 3rd party developer Advanced Video Plugin. 

SE Version being used => 5.2.1
    SE Video version => 5.0.1

'5.0.1' => This version has an issue with video_category 
    '5.2.0' => This version has fixes for the issue issue with video_category

Issue due to => 
    application/modules/Video/settings/manifest.php of version 5.0.1
    in line no. => 59

And fixed in 
    version 5.2.0 at line no 59
    application/modules/Video/settings/manifest.php

Thanks!

This post was edited by SocialEngineAddOns at July 31, 2020 6:35 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 31, 2020 7:06 AM EDT

This is incorrect as far as it being an issue with 5.0.1. I checked v4 files for the same and it was the same code, not touched. Please don't say an issue is with a release when it is not SAT. Unless I am not reading your post correctly.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at July 31, 2020 7:09 AM EDT
    • 348 posts
    July 31, 2020 9:04 AM EDT
    Donna said:

This is incorrect as far as it being an issue with 5.0.1. I checked v4 files for the same and it was the same code, not touched. Please don't say an issue is with a release when it is not SAT. Unless I am not reading your post correctly.

Hi Donna, 

Yes, it does not correspond to SE v5. Actually, this client has been using 5.0.1 version only of the Video module so I checked for this particular version only. 

Thanks for clearing this out.

This post was edited by SocialEngineAddOns at July 31, 2020 9:04 AM EDT