Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Schedule sending invitation email

• 46 posts
    July 15, 2020 8:48 PM EDT

Hello All

Is there any plugin for schedule sending invitation email.

for example:

If I have 100 email and I want to send 10 invitation every 30 minutes

thanks

• 5234 posts
    July 16, 2020 4:45 AM EDT

That's good planning. A lot don't think about this. Any sort of mass invites should be scheduled. You should also make sure you are using an external SMTP service. If you are at BryZar, they have it for free on a separate server to avoid any blacklist issues if your mails get marked as spam. If you are on other hosting and if they don't offer external SMTP, you may want to try something like Sendgrid or other transactional mail service.

So for your plugin, you should also think about:

1. Does it allow you to view all invites you've sent?

2. Does it show accepted invites and signups?

3. Does it show failed sends? (perhaps there was an issue during that batch process)

4. If a batch fails to send, does it reschedule it or are those invites lost?

• 46 posts
    July 18, 2020 7:50 AM EDT

I already use external smtp sendinblue, I've tried sendgrid before, may be someting wrong with my setup, all my email to gmail went to spambox, after that I change to sendinblue, so far I dont have problem with them.

1. Does it allow you to view all invites you've sent? 

-> this is good, but even in user admin dont have this feature now

2. Does it show accepted invites and signups?

-> I think this one already have in phpse right now

3. Does it show failed sends? (perhaps there was an issue during that batch process)

-> this nice too but little bit hard if you use external smtp

4. If a batch fails to send, does it reschedule it or are those invites lost?

-> same as no3

to avoid blacklist from mail server, I set my mail count 1. 

So If some one send 100 invitation email in same time, it take more than 3 hours to finished,

Email alert, reset password, etc to user have to wait until all invitation email finished.

I hope with schedule invitation plugin will help a lot.