Payment Gateway Not Loaded on Mobile

• 36 posts
    September 10, 2017 1:47 AM EDT

Hi 

I have added a new gateway to our Social Engine site. In fact, I have added the code for the gateway inside the Engine_Payment_Gateway_Bpm class (Bpm being my gateway name), within the

<pre>processTransaction</pre>

method. It works by getting amount and order id from

<pre>$rawData</pre>

and then sending them along with other PSP-specific data to the gateway. The user then pays the amount on the the gateway and then is returned by the gateway to the callback url which was sent to it earlier as a parameter. 

So far so good, but this works only as long as the user is doing payment in Desktop view. Once the user is in mobile view and places an order, the gateway is not loaded anymore. Does anyone know why this is the case? Does mobile view use other classes for payment I'm unaware of? Any technical guidance would be highly appreciated.

• 36 posts
    September 11, 2017 12:45 AM EDT

I would like to add that this also does not work on SEAO's app, which is installed on Android.

• 6923 posts
    September 11, 2017 6:32 AM EDT

Are you using the SEPHP Mobi plugin? Most things require the mobi plugin to work on mobile.

• 36 posts
    September 11, 2017 6:43 AM EDT

@Donna if you mean SEAO - Tablet/Mobile plugin, then yes we have it. But, I guess that's different from https://www.socialengine.com/features/php/plugins/mobile which you might be referring to. 

• 6923 posts
    September 11, 2017 7:54 AM EDT
    mehdi said:

@Donna if you mean SEAO - Tablet/Mobile plugin, then yes we have it. But, I guess that's different from https://www.socialengine.com/features/php/plugins/mobile which you might be referring to. 

No, no the SEAO. The SE one, SocialEngine one that you linked.

• 629 posts
    September 11, 2017 10:59 AM EDT

Perhaps the payment files aren't loaded in the mobile plugin.

• 36 posts
    September 11, 2017 3:14 PM EDT
    Elshara Silverheart said:

Perhaps the payment files aren't loaded in the mobile plugin.

Yeah that's true, and I have no idea why that is the case and how I can know how to track its behavior in mobile mode (which files it uses, which classes, etc.)

• 36 posts
    September 12, 2017 5:24 AM EDT
    Donna said:

No, no the SEAO. The SE one, SocialEngine one that you linked.

Hi Donna. 

How can we enable the SE mobile plugin? How can I check if it is active on our website? I share a screen shot of a mobile page and hope you can tell me which plugin it is using. 

Currently, I am pretty sure we have SocialEngineAddOns' Mobile/Tablet Plugin, as seen in the screenshot below. Could you please tell me which of the two is better? Can we enable SE's mobile plugin? I hope it uses the same payment mechanism as desktop web version, so we can use our gateway in both versions. 

• 36 posts
    September 12, 2017 5:38 AM EDT

I would really appreciate it if you could point me to the location where payment related scripts (php or js) for the mobile plugin are located.

• 6923 posts
    September 12, 2017 7:24 AM EDT

You need to log in to socialengine.com/login and see if you purchased the SocialEngine official Mobile plugin, https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/mobile and then make sure it's installed and activated. I don't use any third party mobile plugin so I can't say if the SEAO one works differently. I suggest using a code editor such as Sublime, Netbeans or something else to do a search in files for the payment stuff for mobile if someone can't post the tip for you. It's not something I know about as I don't fiddle with this sort of stuff (payment gateways).

• 36 posts
    September 12, 2017 8:26 AM EDT
    Donna said:

You need to log in to socialengine.com/login and see if you purchased the SocialEngine official Mobile plugin, https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/mobile and then make sure it's installed and activated. I don't use any third party mobile plugin so I can't say if the SEAO one works differently. I suggest using a code editor such as Sublime, Netbeans or something else to do a search in files for the payment stuff for mobile if someone can't post the tip for you. It's not something I know about as I don't fiddle with this sort of stuff (payment gateways).

Thanks I appreciate it.