Could use help adding menus and collapsing menus

• 33 posts
    July 25, 2020 5:36 PM EDT

Good Afternoon All,

I've been trying to learn how to add a collapsable menu to our main menu similar to the "More" menu on the Demo page. I checked the documentation and am a bit confused. Is there a menu widget for this that needs to be used?

Thanks,
    Bernard

• 6923 posts
    July 25, 2020 6:24 PM EDT

Hi Bernard!

The "More" menu is created when you set a number of menus to show in the main menus and the rest go in the automagically created "More" menu. So you can't actually add to that particular menu. The tutorial for that particular menu item is here

If you want to create other drop downs or add to actual menus (as the More) is not an actual menu you can edit, you can do so by following the menu tutorial

• 33 posts
    July 27, 2020 12:28 PM EDT

Donna,

Update on these questions:

Making changes through the Site Layout did the trick.  We are all set!

I still am a bit confused about submenus and how the javascript entry works for that.  

Thanks.

Our question below has been answered.

Thanks so much.  I have noticed that the "More" menu shows up in the Groups menu for our Groups, i.e. items that don't fit on the main menu go into it.

However, on our Main Menu, when we have additional items on the menu, i.e. 8 or 9, they just seem to wrap around and form another line of menu items.

Is there a setting somewhere for the Main Menu and other menus so that they automagically convert to "More" when running out of space.

Thanks,
    Bernard

This post was edited by BernardD at July 27, 2020 1:41 PM EDT
    • 33 posts
    July 30, 2020 6:00 PM EDT

Donna,

I figured out how to get the "More" menu to come up, but creating Submenus is still a mystery. I followed the documentation you mention above, but there's no place to add submenus.

For example, we want to add Submenus/Dropdown menus to the main Group menu on the Main Navigation Menu.  When I click on edit the Group item in the main navigation menu, I don't see how to add a Submenu.

Is there a global setting that needs to be enabled so that we can add Submenus to menus?

Thanks,

Bernard

• 6923 posts
    July 31, 2020 4:01 AM EDT

You aren't seeing the submenu option as shown in the screenshot? The one I linked just now is the one for submenus

• 6923 posts
    July 31, 2020 4:56 AM EDT

So, for groups, you should see it in the Main Menu with an option to add submenus like at our demo

• 33 posts
    August 2, 2020 5:39 PM EDT

Donna & Team,

We do not see the Submenu option when we create a new menu item putting the javascript statement into the URL.

I created a new menu item on the Main Navigation Menu called Pets (like the example) and inserted the Javascript text, but we don't see an option to create any Submenus.

Attached are 2 images.

We didn't see any submenus created that are part of the Pets menu.

Thanks,
    Bernard

• 6923 posts
    August 3, 2020 4:24 AM EDT

Perhaps your site didn't upgrade fully or are you using a third party menu plugin?