PayPal / amazon profile question

• 474 posts
    August 4, 2020 1:01 PM EDT

hello Folks.

Please can there be a Question in 'questions'.

Such as facebook, Twitter.

I want to be able to create a link from my members accounts who may have paypal stores or amazon stores. Since we use Paypal payment gateways anyway..

If i had a link, then other members can visit a sellers store in the same way they can go direct to facebook or twitter.

thanks
    mikel.

• 6923 posts
    August 4, 2020 1:11 PM EDT

What do you mean? I do that now already on my 4.10 site for my authors. I have a profile question for their Amazon link which goes to their book purchase page. I set it up as a Website type of question. We actually also have that same profile question here for experts to put their store links as well.

• 474 posts
    August 4, 2020 1:21 PM EDT

Hei Donna.

You know how members can input there facebook or twitter address in a facebook or twiiter box on their pages.

I was looking for such a similar thing for paypal or amazon. I couldnt see one or i may have looked in the wrong place.

Since most people sell stuff anyway through them, so i need a link. I tried using a facebook question taby thing as an experiment, but it failed 

im hoping to cretae a store sytem on my site with classifieds but thought id start like this first (as well as spelling lessons)

mikel.

• 6923 posts
    August 4, 2020 1:23 PM EDT

Yes, that is what they can do if you make a profile question of the type Website. It works here. It works at my site. Have you made sure that you are choosing Website as the type of question? Have a look at my profile to see it works. Instead of naming it Website, name it Amazon Store or something.

• 6923 posts
    August 4, 2020 1:28 PM EDT

Screenshot if it helps.In profile questions, add one that is Website type and it will be a link  when they input the info.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at August 4, 2020 1:28 PM EDT
    • 474 posts
    August 4, 2020 1:28 PM EDT

AAAaaahhhh.....  

You know... im such a pleb... 

youre right... guess i been working too long this last couple days, i didnt even notice it...

think i need a rest.

thanks Donna

mikel. 

• 6923 posts
    August 4, 2020 1:29 PM EDT

Don't worry about it. Other clients will be helped by this question.

• 474 posts
    August 4, 2020 1:46 PM EDT

As a matter of interest...

I mentioned this berfore a few times...abount adding a 'BUY NOW' option to classifieds...

just so i know, how much work is involved in doing something like that ? strictly for SE classifieds.
    Ive read and spoke to other members who have stores plugins and are also very not happy with them, and im sure like me they would pay SE extra for that feature on a SE Classifieds plugin.

ive rasked other devs on here and they came back with a cost of $5000+ just to narrow down and strip away not needed features of already existing stores plugins.

thanks

mikel

• 6923 posts
    August 4, 2020 1:54 PM EDT

I have mapped an overhaul of classifieds for after v6. It'll be great!

For your question, you just want an external PayPal buy now button? You could actually do that now sort of. You could put a classified question as the classifieds allows questions. Put the same type of question, a Website one, and have them put their paypal link in it that they get from paypal. There is a bug that we are fixing for 5.3 with adding a website type of question in classifieds. So, it is a little broken right now but once we fix that, it'll work. As long as you don't need an actual button right now, that's an option.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at August 4, 2020 1:55 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    August 4, 2020 1:58 PM EDT

Oh the bug wasn't with classified website profile question, it was with classified multi text question so this should work fine. Try it on your site in the classified plugin, click on the Classified Questions tab. 

• 474 posts
    August 5, 2020 3:08 PM EDT

Hello Donna.
    We tried this method as you had suggested and could create a 'website link' to PayPal, however we could not find a way in which to create a payment link or Payment Tab for all users to use should they have a PayPal account.
    Mikel thinks its most likely going to need a properly thought out solution.

We looked on PayPal for payment Tabs but these are only meant to be placed on normal websites within script / CSS and in exact location and not really meant for multi users selling via various goods on a Social Network Platform. As far as we can understand it. More research is needed on this we think.

Mikel said to keep you updated as to what we find out from PayPal in case there is something we missed or if PayPal comes up with a resolve.

Thankyou
    Stephanie. (mikel)

• 6923 posts
    August 6, 2020 4:36 AM EDT

If you put the website link as the paypal cart link, it should work. I believe paypal has a url to the payment "cart" area. I hadn't checked in a while but can you have a look? It's been a while since I set up products on paypal. Maybe they removed the feature?