Cannot sign in as administrator

• 28 posts
    August 8, 2020 9:38 PM EDT

I hadn't noticed that my membership period had run out in my association website. I'm the main (only) administrator. When I used one of the payment methods to take my membership live again, I found I could sign in to the site, but there was no longer a link to the administration pages. It was as if I was a regular member. 

I have no way to sign in to the admin area. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this?

• 6923 posts
    August 9, 2020 5:17 AM EDT

Yes. Our Learning Center is a great resource to quickly find help. I also recommend always having two admin accounts.

The tutorial to manually reset an admin will help. Just do the step to set the user to an admin user or you can do the full thing and join as a new user and change the new user to an admin. You just need to be good with working in your database. Make a backup of the database before working in it though.

• 474 posts
    August 9, 2020 9:15 AM EDT

Hei Opas..

Just as an idea, because i had a similar issue until someone helped me..
    On my main Desktop site , the admin link was not there. However when a Tech looked into my site he found that an Admin link/Tab was on the mobile version.. (But in my case password had been changed).

Check your Mobile version and see if it is there.. It could just be a system error with tab settings.
    might be worth looking. you Have nothing to lose by looking.

mikel.

This post was edited by Mikel at August 9, 2020 9:20 AM EDT
    • 28 posts
    August 9, 2020 5:06 PM EDT

So fart I have not been able to get to the admin panel. I haven't tried all the methods suggested, but the direct route doesn't get me anywhere. I must be doing it wrong. 

http://www.ontariopleinairsociety.com/admin

I arrive at a standard site page that has the following notice:

Page Not Found

The page you have attempted to access could not be found.

Go Back

• 28 posts
    August 10, 2020 2:51 AM EDT

I used the information provided in the Learning Centre. I didn't create a new member. I just used the info to find my own membership data and changed the level id to the correct number and was able to login again.

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful