Java Console Error after to upgrade to 4.9.2

• 6 posts
    July 6, 2017 2:10 PM EDT

Hello,

After I upgrade my SE to version 4.9.2 I am receiving the following error in my console:

core.js?c=3337:354 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'set' of null at Object.showNotifications (core.js?c=3337:354) at Object.wrapper.extend.$owner (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:1644) at Object. (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:959) at Object. (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:1766) at Array.forEach () at Function.forEach (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:220) at Array.each (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:337) at Object.fireEvent (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:1764) at Object.wrapper.extend.$owner (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:1644) at Object.onSuccess (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:5752)

This seems to be related in some way with the core.js file that is avaliable in the following path:

application/modules/Activity/externals/scripts/core.js?c=3337

Someone already had this issue?

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at July 6, 2017 2:46 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 6, 2017 2:47 PM EDT

Do you have any third party plugins?

Are you using default theme?

Do you see other errors in inspect element?

Do you have the column width modifier widget on that page?

• 629 posts
    July 8, 2017 3:48 AM EDT
    Sieg said:

Hello,

After I upgrade my SE to version 4.9.2 I am receiving the following error in my console:

core.js?c=3337:354 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'set' of null at Object.showNotifications (core.js?c=3337:354) at Object.wrapper.extend.$owner (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:1644) at Object. (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:959) at Object. (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:1766) at Array.forEach () at Function.forEach (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:220) at Array.each (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:337) at Object.fireEvent (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:1764) at Object.wrapper.extend.$owner (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:1644) at Object.onSuccess (mootools-core-1.4.5-full-compat-nc.js?c=3337:5752)

This seems to be related in some way with the core.js file that is avaliable in the following path:

Sieg, welcome to the community.

Are you running php 7? Notification problems are said to not work correctly using the latest version of php. Get your server host to check this for you if you don't know how, otherwise, go to your server configuration under stats in the admin panel of social engine. It will display the version number there.

I can confirm an activity.js issue on my site, but for some reason it appears intermittently, when ever links are attached. I am running php 5.6.4.5.

This may in my case be a css issue as well, seeming as how the issue was not present in 4.8x versions of social engine php. I tried using a different theme to see if the issue reappeared and came up with the same result. So I'm sure it's a activity.js issue most likely for the both of us.

This post was edited by ElsharaSilverheart at July 8, 2017 3:52 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 8, 2017 4:34 AM EDT
    Elshara Silverheart said:
    Sieg said:

Hello,

Sieg, welcome to the community.

Are you running php 7? Notification problems are said to not work correctly using the latest version of php. Get your server host to check this for you if you don't know how, otherwise, go to your server configuration under stats in the admin panel of social engine. It will display the version number there.

I can confirm an activity.js issue on my site, but for some reason it appears intermittently, when ever links are attached. I am running php 5.6.4.5.

This may in my case be a css issue as well, seeming as how the issue was not present in 4.8x versions of social engine php. I tried using a different theme to see if the issue reappeared and came up with the same result. So I'm sure it's a activity.js issue most likely for the both of us.

On my host, cazaratech, I'm using php7 with no issues with notifications, likes, activity. No errors. Everything is working perfectly fine. This forum is using PHP 7.1 and no issues seen either. The demo uses PHP 7.1 with no issues.

Something is causing the js not to fire for you two. What is causing it still needs to be figured out. That's why I asked the specific questions. laughing

• 629 posts
    July 8, 2017 6:12 AM EDT

If it is some kind of left over third party plugin or an active one it wouldn't surprise me. But to be honest, it's specific to the notifications and activity feed so it can't be that. It would be nice to sort this issue out however. In any case, it's most likely an issue with mootools.

Does this look familiar to you?

en4.core.runonce.add(function () { en4.activity.bindEditFeed(16666, { lang: { 'Post Something...': 'Post Something...' }, allowEmptyWithoutAttachment: 1 }); });

• 6923 posts
    July 8, 2017 12:28 PM EDT

If it is some kind of left over third party plugin or an active one it wouldn't surprise me. But to be honest, it's specific to the notifications and activity feed so it can't be that. It would be nice to sort this issue out however. In any case, it's most likely an issue with mootools.

en4.core.runonce.add(function () { en4.activity.bindEditFeed(16666, { lang: { 'Post Something...': 'Post Something...' }, allowEmptyWithoutAttachment: 1 }); });

I do know of some issues with the older themes. Those will be fixed for this upcoming release. Are you using insignia or another theme? 

• 629 posts
    July 8, 2017 1:42 PM EDT
    Donna said:

I do know of some issues with the older themes. Those will be fixed for this upcoming release. Are you using insignia or another theme? 

I was using Insignia. I had to revert to my previous theme, Slip Stream because the icons wasn't clickable or linkable on my site.

• 6923 posts
    July 8, 2017 1:49 PM EDT

Slip stream has an issue. That's one I know of.