Radio Buttons

• 474 posts
    September 23, 2020 9:07 AM EDT

Hei Folks..

Mikel here..

I was just reading a post by AOT...
    The mention of ' Radio Button ' peaked my attention... As a way of a ban system for 'Terms of Service' violations.

normally i would just enable or disable the account for 14 days in admin attached to the member profile.. after 2 warnings for minor violations. or Close the members account, depending on the violation.

I looked in my 'Profile questions' and saw that i had a 'radio button' option...

I thought the radio button was for something like a radio station but now i know i was mistaken all this time... 

Question: What exactly is the 'radio button ' and how would i use it...

Many thanks
    mikel.

This post was edited by Mikel at September 23, 2020 9:24 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    September 23, 2020 10:40 AM EDT

I can see where that could be confusing. It's a way for you to provide questions for people to answer with one answer such as favorite color or hair color. You can even make it a multi-select option for the member browse search so that you can find people who like purple and also those who like blue for example. Or maybe find them by college major, professions, etc.

• 474 posts
    September 23, 2020 1:42 PM EDT

Hei Donna...

MMmmm... i can feel my brain cogs working and Stephanie's eyes burning into me... I can feel it. but im not looking round... She scares me... but i have that urge to look... i must resist otherwise she will know im upto something...

Maybe the 'radio button' could be adapted and used to look for jobs types and such like... I wonder what the potentials could be, I wonder... I think il have a play around with it..

Suddenly i feel like a megalomaniac hatching a evil plan... WAHAHAHAAAA

Thankyou for your cunning plan.

Update...
    Just tested my idea, it does work to look for companies that have job vacancy types but no job details... So thats a good result.. Though not practical in real  job info terms. Unless i can combine it with a group page (but i dont think i can) Though i will keep playing with my idea...

Dr Mikel.

This post was edited by Mikel at September 23, 2020 2:28 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    September 24, 2020 5:07 AM EDT

This would be useful for those searching for specific types of jobs such as Remote, Degree Required, Travel Required, etc. Good idea.