Edit Campaigns ERROR

• 17 posts
    October 6, 2020 4:49 PM EDT

Dear SocialEngine Family,

I'm facing with another error for quite some time now. When I click on edit Ad Campaign I get a error. Did anyone of you already had this problem?

If anybody has any idea how to fix this I will be grateful!

Kind regards, 

2020-10-06T20:38:22+00:00 CRIT (2): 
    Error Code: 39e8ec
    Zend_Json_Exception: Decoding failed: Unexpected control character found in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Json.php:95
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/application/modules/Core/controllers/AdminAdsController.php(159): Zend_Json::decode('null"]')
    #1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Core_AdminAdsController->editAction()
    #2 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('editAction')
    #3 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #4 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(86): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #5 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run()
    #6 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/application/index.php(223): Engine_Application->run()
    #7 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/boot.php(47): include('/home/xxxxxx...')
    #8 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/index.php(24): Engine_Boot->boot()
    #9 {main}

This post was edited by skebeg at October 6, 2020 4:49 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    October 6, 2020 5:27 PM EDT

Make sure your server conforms, and does not exceed, to our requirements. Also make sure your host is not using mariadb or nginx as we don't support those. 

• 78 posts
    October 7, 2020 12:39 AM EDT

Open file

/application/modules/Core/controllers/AdminAdsController.php

Around line 157 you should see this code

$campaign->network .= '"]';

replaced that with

$campaign->network .= '';

Save the file and that should fixed the error for you!

• 6923 posts
    October 7, 2020 6:22 AM EDT

As we are not having any issues editing campaigns, I would suggest you be careful with that change. I suggest checking to ensure your server meets the requirements. Editing source files can have unintended issues and voids support.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at October 7, 2020 6:24 AM EDT