Moderator Permissions

• 474 posts
    October 8, 2020 1:25 PM EDT

Hei SE Techs

Mikel Here.
    Just putting a feature request in for a future upgrade v6.? because i know youre all busy and its too late now.

Request:
    I want to allow my moderators to see all information on my members pages (already able to do this ) BUT i dont want them to be able to change member information.

is it possible to add a permission question to: Not allow information update. or : Read Only, option, added to that particular question:

Allow Profile Moderation
    • Yes, allow members in this level to edit other profiles and settings.
    • No, do not allow moderation.

Allow Profile Moderation
    • Read Only

Reason:
    Tightening up of my sites security permissions. Also cutting down on errors (such as incorrect information changes or information deletion errors)

On my site i want 2 types of Moderator levels. Moderator (read only permissions) and Senior Moderator (read and change information permissions)

Feed back would be much welcome if other methods could be used that i have not thought of..

Thanks
    mikel.

• 6923 posts
    October 8, 2020 5:17 PM EDT

Thanks for the request. Which info are you wanting them to view but not change? Can you give more details please? Thank you!

• 474 posts
    October 9, 2020 1:58 PM EDT

Hei Donna.

The Info regarding member profile information. (Information that is Hidden,not shown on member pages, sectret information only admin can see).
    As my site collects (legally) personal info to help combat identity theft and crime which is open to view by police forces in uk, australia, new zealand, canada and Us, with special moderator levels permissions. So they can access the site as moderator once the request is made to stephanie or by the UK National Crime Agency assistance request.

The issue is although they can read the info, they can also alter / delete information by mistake. At the moment stephanie used to copy the info and send it via their secure email system to the Police station direct and sometimes it takes too long. So we gave them moderator permission on request but now i have a dedicated security team member turning on and off permissions as and when needed. All very time consuming and very annoying. 

So i am looking to add a question such as: Read Only

At moment the moderator level question is like this:

Allow Profile Moderation

I would like it to be like this:

Allow Profile Moderation
    • Read Only, do not allow profile information alterations or deletions

Or maybe create a 4th level called: Observer Level

With the only one setting

Allow Profile Observer
    * Read Only, do not allow profile information alterations or deletions.

What do you think ? Any thoughts about this for a future feature..

Thanks Donna
    I know this is a bit long, i do tend to empty my head...

mikel.

This post was edited by Mikel at October 9, 2020 2:09 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    October 12, 2020 4:33 AM EDT

It sounds interesting to have a member level setting for profile editing.