Can't view member profiles

• 7 posts
    July 6, 2017 6:56 PM EDT

Hello,

Nobody on my site can view member profiles except for me(logged in as admin). You can check the link below to see what happens.

https://www.twistrs.com/profile/admin

Thanks for any help with this.

Dave

• July 7, 2017 12:48 AM EDT

Hello Dave,

We are not logged in but can see the Member Profile on the link you posted. For further assistance on this issue you can contact our team at support@socailenginesolutions.com

Regards

Team SocialEngineSolutions

• 6923 posts
    July 7, 2017 4:37 AM EDT

I can also see that profile as a guest. Perhaps check member level settings if some members aren't able to see profiles. Note that if a member has their profile as private, then guests and other members won't be able to view it unless they are friends if it's at friends only.

• 71 posts
    July 7, 2017 5:27 AM EDT

The profile is visible for non-logged users, but the website is pretty slow. Check the error log to look for any clues.

• 7 posts
    July 7, 2017 5:34 PM EDT

Did anyone check using Chrome? After a little more testing, everything seems to work fine in Firefox as admin, guest, and user. But in Chrome I can't even view profiles as admin.

• 629 posts
    July 8, 2017 3:44 AM EDT
    Twistrs said:

Did anyone check using Chrome? After a little more testing, everything seems to work fine in Firefox as admin, guest, and user. But in Chrome I can't even view profiles as admin.

Twistrs, welcome to the community.

It looks to me like the issue is working fine in both Firefox and Chrome. I believe although the methods tend to differ, in how Mozilla and Google track and display javascript, and other web code such as HTML, CSS and Ajax, including but not limited to Jquery, the process remains the same if not similar by nature. The same goes for Microsoft and Apple browsers as well. In fact, all major browsers have this in common.

Having said that, your profile page loads fine for me now. As you have recently confirmed, it does the same for you in Firefox. What I would suggest you try, is clearing your site's cache and double checking you've selected the correct member level settings when viewing profiles. I'd also recommend you be sure to check the general settings page of your admin panel, and see if you have allowed the members page visible to the selected member levels you wish to find it.

Hope this helps.

• 6923 posts
    July 8, 2017 4:37 AM EDT
    Twistrs said:

I mainly use chrome and didn't see any issue on your site, as Elshara also mentions. 

If chrome is the only issue, it is most likely a browser setting. Make sure you are on current chrome and double check your preferences as they can change when it updates. I've had it happen before. 

• 6923 posts
    July 8, 2017 4:38 AM EDT

I do see a google maps key error on that page. Perhaps try removing whatever google thing you put on it and see if it works. I can see the profile fine though.