Shall we Play a Game.. Possible or not Possible

• 474 posts
    November 18, 2020 2:57 PM EST

Shall we Play a Game... (war games) film the 1980's .

These are more Script altering questions i guess.

Ok, Possible or Not Possible.

Q 1: Is it possible to, 
    Take the script from the 'what's new' section and add it to the SE Classifieds section ?

Q2: Is it possible to, 
    Make the 'Member cover photo' auto resize ?
    Like in  'what's new' when you add a photo, it is auto sized, to fit the screen size and does not affect the image. Wondering if it is possible to change the 'member Cover photo' to do the same.

Q3: Is it possible to,
    Change the width and height of the 'member cover photo' ?
    if so, how and where do i do this?.

Thanks for playing..

winners get a free air drum kit and air guitar or a air violin or sax... the choice is yours.

thanks

mikel.

This post was edited by Mikel at November 18, 2020 2:57 PM EST
    • 6923 posts
    November 18, 2020 5:54 PM EST

We seriously need some games in the SocialEngine Connections Discussions lol. Anything is possible. Just depends on the amount of pain involved as to whether it's feasible. 

Q 1: Is it possible to, 
    Take the script from the 'what's new' section and add it to the SE Classifieds section ?

-- What "what's new" section? Do you mean the entire feed? The main feed? Do you mean the classifieds need to be similar to Groups and Events with their own feed? Remember one thing. The feed is an elephant that eats mega peanuts (RAM), slows traffic as it has weight and the cars can't get by (slows page load so users are waiting longer with too many feeds). So the thing to figure, if you mean to add another feed, is what is the cost of that addition in resources. I guess to test, just take the current feed and add it to the classified view page. See if it slows the site down (test it in tools.pingdom.com before and after adding the feed). It won't be a true test as you won't have many on but it should help to see if it will bog things down.

If that isn't what you meant, can we please have a screenshot?

Q2: Is it possible to, 
    Make the 'Member cover photo' auto resize ?
    Like in  'what's new' when you add a photo, it is auto sized, to fit the screen size and does not affect the image. Wondering if it is possible to change the 'member Cover photo' to do the same.

--It is supposed to currently allow for the cover photo to be moved around and positioned. I don't see that working on my mac. I don't know if it is possible to add such a feature but can find out. 

Q3: Is it possible to,
    Change the width and height of the 'member cover photo' ?
    if so, how and where do i do this?.

-- You should be able to with CSS. Just not sure about responsive stuff for mobile. Maybe a developer will answer this one.

• 474 posts
    November 19, 2020 10:46 AM EST

Hei Donna...

Thankyou for playing..

You are now the proud owner of a Air Drum kit... Now you can peacefully annoy the heck out of your work colleagues or neighbours...

have fun..

mikel.

• 6923 posts
    November 19, 2020 12:18 PM EST

Awesome!