Cannot sign in during fresh install of SE v5.3.2.

• 13 posts
    November 19, 2020 5:39 PM EST
    18-Nov-2020 22:16:38 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli_Exception: Access denied for user '*****'@'localhost' to database '*****' in /home/virch930/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:340
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/virch930/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(460): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect()
    #1 /home/virch930/public_html/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(126): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SET time_zone =...')
    #2 /home/virch930/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application/Bootstrap/Abstract.php(256): Core_Bootstrap->_initDb()
    #3 /home/virch930/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application/Bootstrap/Abstract.php(207): Engine_Application_Bootstrap_Abstract->_executeResource('db')
    #4 /home/virch930/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application/Bootstrap/Abstract.php(150): Engine_Application_Bootstrap_Abstract->_bootstrap('db')
    #5 /home/virch930/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(149): Engine_Application_Bootstra in /home/virch930/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 340

I input my user name and password on the initial sign in page.  It took me back to the sign in page again.  I killed the site and did another fresh install with a 2nd download of the v5.3.2 zip file in case the first one was corrupted upon download.  The same thing happened again.  I looked on cPanel and the above error log showed up on the html files and folders.  I had previously done an install of v5.3.1 a week ago and had no problems so I think it's an issue with the install zip file, not the server.  Please check the file.  Thanks. 

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at November 20, 2020 5:26 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    November 20, 2020 5:26 AM EST

The error shows that it cannot connect to your database. Check the database user, password and database name.

• 6923 posts
    November 20, 2020 5:33 AM EST

BTW, we always test the builds before and after they are put in the downloads. However, I just tested again and no issue seen. Your error is from your database connection and shows for localhost. Perhaps double check your database details for localhost or, if you moved the files to a server, you need to set the correct database details in your db setting file.

• 13 posts
    November 20, 2020 4:02 PM EST

Hi, Donna.  I reinstalled v5.3.2 again and this time the connection went okay with the database.  I was able to login as the admin and it took me directly to the admin page.  Evidently the "glitch" resolved itself without my having to contact the hosting company.  Thank you for your astute assistance.  Have a good day!  Ken  

• 13 posts
    November 20, 2020 4:12 PM EST

BTW:  When I sign in under HTTPS it connects.  If I try to sign in under HTTP it does not connect.  Interesting.  I used to install stuff under HTTP so as not to get token errors, but evidently MySQL does not like that anymore.  Oh well, no biggie, that's life, eh? 

• 6923 posts
    November 21, 2020 5:16 AM EST

Browsers these days are blocking non https so you'll want to only use https for your site. It is how they are forcing security now. Some will let you in a non https site but you have to know the secret unsafe words to use.

• 13 posts
    November 21, 2020 8:20 PM EST

Didn't occur to me about the browser.  I use Chrome so that figures.  I previously had only used HTTP for installation, then HTTPS for all regular usage.  Install under HTTPS, including 3rd party plugins went smoothly.  Thanks for the tip.