SNS & their "Live Streaming in Website Plugin" Debacle

• 6 posts
    November 21, 2020 5:53 PM EST

I feel it necessary to share a recent troubling experience regarding socialnetworking.solutions.  I don’t expect any personal benefit from this, but since some of you may work closely with the aforementioned company and their plugins, I’m assuming it’s something you all would prefer to be aware of.  I’d also like to mention I’ve had the pleasure of working with many different SE and phpFox related companies over the past 7 years and this is by far the first time I’ve found it necessary to express this level of frustration outside the said company itself… if that makes sense.

If this post is in the wrong area, please let me know and I'll post correctly.

Full disclosure:  I did make SNS aware on 10/13/2020 via a WhatsApp conversation I would be sharing this problem publicly should it not be resolved. 

Rather than me trying to explain what happened - for the purposes of accuracy - I’ll just share the pertinent communiques regarding the issue at hand…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07/15/2020: Purchase # 701179 / Live Streaming in Website Plugin / $349.30

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** Much time has passed w/SNS trying to get their “Live Streaming in Website Plugin” to work correctly.  I’ll pick up on the conversation right around September 30th.  ***

09/30/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

Hi [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT],

Firstly, my patience has ran out. I have waited too long for a solution...let alone an update to the current issue you all are supposed to address. I spent several hundred dollars on a product that doesn't work as advertised. If you guys can't find a way to fix the live streaming problem within a week, I want a reimbursement!!! I have chosen not to purchase any further products from you all just because of this problem, as well as other plugin failures that you said you would fix in future updates in previous tickets.

Michael

10/01/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Michael, we hope you are doing great.  We would like to inform you that we are discussing your all the concern with our team & they are looking forward to it.  We will update you as soon as possible.

10/09/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

Hello,

[…another issue…]

Is the website streaming issues fixed?

Michael

10/09/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Sir, we hope you are staying safe & healthy.  We would like to inform you that we have forwarded your issue to our team & they are looking forward to it. We will update you as soon as possible. Your time & patience will be highly appreciated. If you have any query then please let us know.

10/09/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Micheal, Thank you for your time & patience. We have fixed this issue […another issue…] & now working on live streaming issues. If you have any query then please let us know.

10/10/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

Hello,

-Buttons on side of screen aren't working

-No News is being imported. Did you all fix the issue - as you all promised you would in future update - with the news only importing - when it slightly worked - the title and only a couple lines of text from the RSS feed?

[LINK BLOCKED OUT]

As for the live website streaming plugin, I expect the funds to be refunded. That plugin hasn't worked as advertised since purchased on July 15th. I have waited almost three months for that to be set up and running and I'm done!!! I have no more patience for this!!!

When you all can fix the website streaming plugin problems it has - and actually runs as advertised - please let me know and I will consider repurchasing.

Michael

10/10/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Sir, we hope you are staying safe & healthy. We would like to inform you that we have forwarded your issue to our team & they are looking forward to it. We will update you as soon as possible. Your time & patience will be highly appreciated. If you have any query then please let us know.

10/10/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Micheal, Thank you for your time & patience. We would like to inform you that we have fixed these issues please check them at your end once.

Also for the live streaming issues our team will fix all your reported issue till Friday, So we request you to please allow us the time till Friday & you will get the solution for sure. If you have any other query then please let us know.

10/10/2020: ***Chat Conversation***

[05:02]         [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT] has joined the conversation

[05:02]         [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT]: Hello Michael

[05:03]         Michael: Hi [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT]...

[05:03]         Michael: It seems your last message didn't address all of the items pointed out in my ticket comment.

[05:03]         Michael: When should I expect a refund for the website streaming plugin?

[05:04]         [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT]: Sir but our team is already working on the live streaming issues

[05:04]         Michael: ma'am, they've been working on those issues for months

[05:05]         Michael: or, is today the first day they decided to work on it?

[05:05]         [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT]: Yes I know it is taking time 4

[05:06]         [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT]: But we request you to please give us sometime

[05:07]         Michael: I am willing to give you all the time in the world after a refund. Once you have fixed all the bugs then I will consider purchasing it again. In the meantime, I could use those funds towards other items that work.

[05:08]         [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT]: let me discuss with my team

[05:08]         [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT]: I will update you on Monday

[05:09]         Michael: I have stressed that my patience with this is waning on several occasion, and it has been pretty much ignored. I keep getting the same canned response "...We would like to inform you that we have forwarded your issue to our team & they are looking forward to it. We will update you as soon as possible. Your time & patience will be highly appreciated..."

[05:13]         Michael: I will expect one Monday, then. Either it is fixed or plans in motion to provide a refund... correct?

[05:16]         Michael: [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT], correct?

[05:23]         Michael: Okay, since I am unable to receive a response at this time, then I unfortunately will have to leave you with this assurance. I hope you all are able to fix your plugin problems by your Monday evening. If not, then I would expect you guys wouldn't insist on keeping my money for a product that does not work like it's advertised. If you feel the need to keep my funds even though your product isn't working correctly, and absolutely refuse to provide a REFUND, I will unfortunately have to turn this issue over to my bank/paypal. That is the absolute last thing I want to do, but if you all insist on treating a customer this way then I will have no other choice. Have a good day. ~Michael

10/11/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

Hi [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT],

Please see attached images with explanations.

News/RSS Plugin:

I see the news plugin hasn't been fixed when it comes to importing ALL (100%) of the news article and Image. I seemed to remember you all promising me it would be fixed in future update. Its been a year now. Rather than importing all the news article and image, it would just import the title and a few lines of text.

Live Streaming On Website Plugin:

If you review the message in this ticket labeled "August 31, 2020 9:07 AM", you will understand that when it comes to the 'live streaming issues' l am not willing to wait another week. Clearly my last message via chat was ignored.

I hold no ill-will towards you [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT] or SNS, but I am NOT going to wait another week. Since your Monday evening is my Monday morning, I will wait until then. If it is not 100% fixed then I will expect to see a refund invoice in my email. If there is no refund invoice and the problems are not 100% fixed, then I will move forward with filing a dispute with my bank/paypal. I really hate having to do this, but at some point I have to say enough is enough.

Regards,

Michael

10/12/2020: ***Chat Conversation***

[03:03]         [NAME 2 BLOCKED OUT]: Hello Michael

[03:03]         Michael: Hello [NAME 2 BLOCKED OUT]

[03:03]         [NAME 2 BLOCKED OUT]: I checked and found that you lready raised dispute

[03:03]         [NAME 2 BLOCKED OUT]: Let me send you screenshot

[03:04]         Michael: No, it's a refund request made directly to SNS. I have another option to get PayPal directly involved id SNS doesn't want to issue a refund.

[03:05]         [NAME 2 BLOCKED OUT]: File : [LINK BLOCKED OUT]

[03:06]         [NAME 2 BLOCKED OUT]: Paypal has been hold payment

[03:08]         Michael: Yes, that is the official first stage of requesting a refund. Second stage is request that PayPal go after the refund. Paypal holding payment? Payment was made over a couple months ago.

[03:08]         [NAME 2 BLOCKED OUT]: But paypal already hold the payment

[03:08]         [NAME 2 BLOCKED OUT]: We are working hard on live streaming issues

[03:10]         Michael: You don't understand. After a certain amount of days I am unable to request a refund. I am not going to allow that to pass by depending on promises that have already been made previously... make sense?

[03:12]         [NAME 2 BLOCKED OUT]: I understand

[03:15]         Michael: File : [LINK BLOCKED OUT]

[03:18]         Michael: Hello?

[03:23]         Michael: I am trying to ascertain whether or not SNS plans on refunding the funds without me escalating the case?

[03:25]         Michael: I know this could create complications for SNS if escalated, so I'm trying to avoid that

[03:25]         [NAME 2 BLOCKED OUT]: We are working on issues

[03:25]         [NAME 2 BLOCKED OUT]: It will be resolve in 1 or 2 day

[03:25]         Michael: what will be resolved?

[03:25]         Michael: the refund?

[03:26]         [NAME 2 BLOCKED OUT]: Issues

[03:26]         [NAME 2 BLOCKED OUT]: Of live streaming

[03:26]         Michael: okay, I guess I wasn't taken seriously and have to demonstrate I'm not an individual that cares to be manipulated.

[03:27]         Michael: Thanks for your time [NAME 2 BLOCKED OUT].

10/12/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Michael, we hope you are doing great. We would like to confirm from you that have you already initiated the refund for live streaming? We are also trying to connect with you over WhatsApp , please reply us over there. We will wait to hear from you soon.

10/12/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

Hi [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT],

The refund request has been sent to SNS through PayPal. If the refund can't be worked out among us then there's the option of escalating it to PayPal to remedy the situation by getting involved. I can also cancel the refund request should the plugin be fixed within the timetable i have allowed. I have not requested it to be escalated yet, but my time to request that is very limited. That's why i went ahead and posted a refund request to SNS through PayPal's website.

Regards,

Michael

10/12/2020: ***Conversation Via What’s App***

[NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT]: Hello Michael

[NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT]: Are you available here?

Michael: Hello [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT], everything okay?

Michael: [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT], the refund request has been requested from SNS through PayPal. If the refund can’t be worked out among us then there’s the option of escalating it to PayPal to remedy the situation by getting involved.  I can also cancel the refund request should the plugin be fixed within the timetable I have allowed. I have not requested it to be escalated yet, but my time to request that is very limited. That’s why I went ahead and posted a refund request to SNS through PayPal’s website.

10/13/2020: ***Conversation Via What’s App***

[NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT]: Hello Michael

[NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT]: Thank you for your response

[NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT]: I promise to you that within this week your issues will resolve

[NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT]: And I personally request you to please cancel the refund request

[NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT]: [praying hands]

Michael: [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT], I have canceled the refund request… for now. I don’t like having to bring claims against SNS online because it can hurt your business.  I know, I have several businesses online that you’re unaware of and it can be a strike against a company when this kind of thing happens. Please don’t let me down, I don’t want to have to reopen this matter with PayPal. Additionally, should this happen again I will be forced to leave a review on SocialEngine that I’m sure would even get [NAME 0 BLOCKED OUT] attention. Please forgive me for my harshness, I’m not accustomed to giving this many chances.

10/13/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Michael, Thank you so much for canceling the refund request.

We would like to inform you that we will fix the issues till Monday & also will give you the update.

We really appreciate your efforts for us.

If you have any query then please let us know.

10/12/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

You're welcome, [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT]. ~Michael

10/19/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

Hello [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT],

I noticed some work being done on the live website steaming plugin. Not sure if they're done yet or not but just wanted to mention that the audio and video is out of sync. Just in case it gets asked, yes, I am using a reliable high speed internet.

Thanks,

Michael

10/19/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Sir, Thank you for your time & patience. We would like to inform you that we have fixed the issues please check it at your end once..

We will update you as soon as possible.

10/20/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

Hi [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT],

NO, the problem is still not fixed. The audio does not line up with the video. In other words, when the video shows my daughter speaking, the words in the audio do not line up with her lips. This is a second attempt pointing this same issue out. Here's a link demonstrating the problem...

[LINK BLOCKED OUT]

Thanks,

Michael

10/20/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Michael, we hope you are doing great. We would like to inform you we have forwarded your issue to our team & they are looking forward to it.

10/22/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

Can I get an update as to the status of message "October 20, 2020 8:07 AM"?

Thanks,

Michael

10/22/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

Copied and pasted from chat transcript...

Clearly the theme is broken (see attached image). I have done nothing to the theme. Please ask your developer to fix whatever he/she did to break the theme as well as address those issues pointed out in message "October 20, 2020 10:34 AM".

Thanks,

Michael

10/22/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Michael,

We would like to inform you that we have fixed this theme issue please clear cache & check it.

10/23/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

Hi [NAME 1 BLOCKED OUT],

Can I get an update as to the status of message "October 20, 2020 8:07 AM"?

Thanks,

Michael

10/24/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Michael, we would like to inform you that we have already reported this issue to agora team. They are taking time in providing the support for this issue. We will update you as soon as we will hear from them.

Happy Weekend!

11/06/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

All I need is a "Yes" or "No". Is there a solution yet? It has been ten days. The app does not work at all now so I am assuming it is an Agora problem that has gotten worse or your plugins or theme.

Michael

11/06/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Michael, we hope you are doing great. We would like to inform you that we have forwarded your issue to our team & they are looking forward to it.

11/06/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Sir, we hope you are doing great. We would like to inform you that live streaming is working fine now.

If you have any other query then please let us know.

11/10/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

[…an issue with signup not working…]

This message is an addition to the previous message just sent as well (November 10, 2020 10:43 AM)

Live streaming is not working fine. The problem that was pointed out in | October 20, 2020 8:07 AM - and other areas - is still not fixed.

You all want to prove that it is fixed, I want a live streaming video demonstration with the following conditions met...

1. On my site
    2. There has to be 15 seconds or more of talking
    3. It has to be a live person talking in the video
    4. I have to clearly see the mouth of the person talking to confirm the audio is in sync with the individuals lips whose speaking.

If you are unable to provide a video meeting the aforementioned conditions then I am no longer waiting for you all to fix it. I no longer care to wait and expect a full refund or a credit. This has went on long enough.

*****I would like part of the refund/credit for the Live Streaming Website Plugin to be used to create a staging website.

Michael Nobles

11/12/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Michael, we hope you are doing great.

We would like to inform you that we have forwarded your issues to our team & they are looking forward to it.

11/13/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Michael,

We would like to request you to please provide us working FTP and cpanel details, please check the below screenshots, details are not working at our end.

[LINK BLOCKED OUT]

[LINK BLOCKED OUT]

Happy Diwali to you & Your Family

Stay Safe & Healthy

11/13/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

[ I shared my info in this message.  It should be noted that I had shared my info with them on several occasion within this ticket alone, as well… and I had changed nothing.]

11/17/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

[…responding only to the signup issue brought up above…]

11/18/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

1. Please provide confirmation whether the $349.30 will be credited or refunded per my request in message "November 12, 2020 9:39 AM" I have received no response either way as to the status.
    2. I had assumed you all would credit my account the $349.30 and deduct it for the creation of the staging site I requested to be created in message" November 12, 2020 9:39 AM" I have received no response either way as to the status.
    3. The signup issue is not fixed. Please attempt to sign up again. I selected that a verification email be sent to the newly registered member... maybe that made it no longer work? That seems odd one little change would cause such issues with your plugin framework.

Admin > Settings > Sign Up Process > Create Account > Verify Email Address? > Yes, verify email addresses.

1. What do I need to adjust and/or remove to avoid problems every time I try to change something in SocialEngine???

11/18/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Michael, we hope you are doing great. We would like to inform you that we have forwarded your all the points to our team & they are looking forward to it.

11/20/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

1. Please provide confirmation whether the $349.30 will be credited or refunded per my request in message "November 12, 2020 9:39 AM" I have received no response either way as to the status.
    2. I had assumed you all would credit my account the $349.30 and deduct it for the creation of the staging site I requested to be created in message "November 12, 2020 9:39 AM" I have received no response either way as to the status.
    3. A sub-domain has been created for your team to create a staging site. [LINK BLOCKED OUT]
    4. The current cost of setting up a staging site is $89 with the diwali discount. Please deduct that from the $349.30

Thanks,

Michael

11/21/2020: *SNS* Via Ticket #71958

Hello Sir, Hope you are doing great.

Please check our replies below:

SNS: We would like to apologize but your refund request does not comply in our refund policy.

Our team is working on the issue which you have reported & will update you soon.

We are hoping for your understanding in this case.

Our team has done a lot of hard work on your website to provide you the support.

If you have any query then please let us know.

11/21/2020: *Michael* Via Ticket #71958

DOES NOT COMPLY WITH YOUR REFUND POLICY???

MY POLICY is not to allow plugin problems go unresolved - that were purchased through PayPal - past PayPal's optional dispute deadline. But when I filed a dispute with PayPal, you asked me to give you all another chance after 3+ months of being unable to fix a $349.30 plugin that never worked correctly. What happened? I gave you another chance after you pleaded and promised me all issues would be fixed promptly.

Now we are into 4+ months of you all still being unable to make your Website streaming plugin work correctly, and you have the audacity to throw your refund policy in my face when I finally say enough is enough and request either a refund or credit?

I have spent an exorbitant amount of money on your website purchasing 99.9% of your plugins, asking only that you all make them work as advertised... without causing the site to break following some fix in one area to fix another... or plugin update. It's not like the theme and/or plugin issues were some byproduct of custom work, since there was none. Even gave you all positive reviews - per you all's request - in the midst of plugin problems. Well, I'm done!

Until you all can earn my confidence and trust again, I no longer want you all working on my site. If I have to, I will either hire a third party programmer to fix your plugin issues or will gradually phase yours out for a more reliable plugin source.

Michael

Final Note: 

As of 11/21/2020, I have socialnetworking.solutions screen shots of both my account order and download page.  The order page shows the Website Streaming plugin in “Hold” status.  As for the download’s page, its been removed.  SO, they’ve not only kept my funds and provided no credit or refund, but also removed the plugin from any place I can download… should I decide to try again.

• 6368 posts
    November 21, 2020 6:10 PM EST

Hi Michael! This is posted in the correct area and follows our guidelines so there's no need for it to be moved or removed. It was quite a long read and I'm going to make a manager at SNS aware of this issue. All I can say, and it isn't enough I'm sure, is that I'm sorry to read all that has transpired. I hope for a better resolution once we get them in this thread. 

• 6 posts
    November 23, 2020 4:56 PM EST
    Donna said:

Hi Michael! This is posted in the correct area and follows our guidelines so there's no need for it to be moved or removed. It was quite a long read and I'm going to make a manager at SNS aware of this issue. All I can say, and it isn't enough I'm sure, is that I'm sorry to read all that has transpired. I hope for a better resolution once we get them in this thread. 

Thanks, Donna!

• November 24, 2020 10:36 AM EST

Hello Michael,

We really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would be glad to assist you with your credit request . So, please contact our sales team at sales@socialnetworking.solutions so that we can proceed further.

Regarding the Live Streaming voice and video out sync issue that you are facing: We again are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused, but since this issue is coming from the 3rd party's (Agora) sdk which we have used to process the live streaming, it is beyond our scope to provide you an instant fix. We are right now dependent on the 3rd party mentioned above to fix the issue at their end.

Our development team is working with the agora team and will update you once we get this fixed.

Looking forward to hearing from you, so we can proceed with the Credit.

Regards

Team SNS

• 6 posts
    November 24, 2020 7:15 PM EST
    SocialNetworking Solutions said:

Hello Michael,

We really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would be glad to assist you with your credit request . So, please contact our sales team at sales@socialnetworking.solutions so that we can proceed further.

Regarding the Live Streaming voice and video out sync issue that you are facing: We again are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused, but since this issue is coming from the 3rd party's (Agora) sdk which we have used to process the live streaming, it is beyond our scope to provide you an instant fix. We are right now dependent on the 3rd party mentioned above to fix the issue at their end.

Our development team is working with the agora team and will update you once we get this fixed.

Looking forward to hearing from you, so we can proceed with the Credit.

Regards

Team SNS

Email Sent.