Recent activity privacy - PRE-SET

• 17 posts
    November 23, 2020 4:57 AM EST

Hello,  I hope I have chosen the right category.

So my question is how can I "Pre-set default members - privacy settings/recent activity privacy"

So when they login and start liking, posting comenting their timeline is going to keep clean. I just want to disable that for each comment, like they make that they get posts on their own timeline. I know they can do this by their own, but I want to change it to default. So when they login, and they are going to like, comment stuff, this actions wont be shown on their timeline(profile page)

Best regards, 

• 6923 posts
    November 23, 2020 5:19 AM EST

Hi, I'm not 100% sure what you want to do but try the Activity Feed Type Settings, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5145005/se-php-activity-feed-settings as it allows you to set what shows on each feed.

• 17 posts
    November 23, 2020 7:38 AM EST

Hi Donna, yes this was the solution to the problem! Thank you!

Now I'm having just a slightly different problem...Users don't get the notification update when somebody likes their post, album,photo,.

When you like a comment, the notification is shown. 

Do you have any idea what could be wrong? 

Best regards Gregor!

This post was edited by skebeg at November 23, 2020 7:39 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    November 23, 2020 8:11 AM EST

I see we didn't do a tutorial for this one but try the setting https://demo.socialengine.com/admin/activity/settings/notifications which controls in site notification alerts. I've added to the tutorial list for us to add one for that setting.

• 17 posts
    November 23, 2020 8:16 AM EST

Hi Donna,

I have already tried this. All are checked. But like I said when I liked a post/photo/album it doesn't work. But when you like a comment, the notification appears. :/

*Also I Do recieve email notification of liked photo,post, but I do not receive "in-app" notification.

Kind regards, Gregor.

This post was edited by skebeg at November 23, 2020 8:21 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    November 23, 2020 8:22 AM EST

It could be a bug if you are using default stuff. If you think it a bug, please post it in our bug tracker and please follow these instructions, we will test it once we are testing bugs tomorrow. https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/4/submitting-issue-bug-reports

• 17 posts
    November 23, 2020 8:29 AM EST

I'm using everything default except the Advanced mobile apps from Social Engine Solutions.  Am I still allowed to report the bug?

Best regards...

This post was edited by skebeg at November 23, 2020 8:30 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    November 23, 2020 9:09 AM EST

Yes please feel free to report the bug and we will test to see if it is a bug.It could be something on your site or if we can reproduce the same issue we'll mark it a bug.

• 6923 posts
    November 23, 2020 9:22 AM EST

I just tested and have no issues getting in site notifications. I joined my site and:

1. Added a photo in the feed.

2. Added several photos in a feed post.

3. Added photos in a new album.

4. Added photos in another new album so I would have two to test.

Then I:

1. Liked the photo in the feed.

2. Liked the several photos that were in the feed by clicking Like for that post.

3. Liked the album for 3 above.

4. Liked the feed of that album for 4 above.

5. Clicked an album from a post and went to that album and liked it.

In all cases, my user got notifications of each Like in their in site notification flag.

• 17 posts
    November 23, 2020 11:22 AM EST

Donna thanks for checking it.

Do you might have any idea what could be wrong?

Kind regards.

• 6923 posts
    November 24, 2020 5:13 AM EST

I know there is an issue we are looking at for group items - items posted in groups. That's the only issue I've seen. Check the specific user and see if their privacy setting is to not get notifications perhaps? Are you on SEPHP 5.3.2?