SocialEngine PHP 5.3.3 Released

• 6923 posts
    November 25, 2020 12:07 PM EST

We are happy to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 5.3.3! This pre-Thanksgiving celebration release adds a few small improvements and fixes bugs. We are truly thankful for all of you and wish for a safe and happy holiday! As a reminder, our terrific 15% discount is still available! Get it while it’s HOT!!

Following is a list of fixes in this release:

Bugs Fixes and Improvements:

• Improved - Dark mode pagination in forum. 
    • Improved - Removed Xcache from list in cache choices as it no longer applies.
    • Improved - Post feed character limit count design.
    • Fixed - Forum replies not in activity feed.
    • Fixed - Extra banners in admin banner list after upgrades.
    • Fixed - Removed “Apply Changes” in profile photo edit as it wasn’t used.
    • Fixed - Non HTTPS sites could not log in after upgrade. This did not impact HTTPS sites. We strongly recommend all sites be HTTPS. Removed SameSite attribute fix that was in 5.3.2 for now.
    • Fixed - Group photos empty in My Albums but shows 6 count
    • Fixed - Hashtag results pages throws error. 

A complete changelog is available for more details about the fixes implemented in this 5.3.3 release. 

As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself. Always check with third party experts for compatibility with any products you use before upgrading.

Important: If you are on version 4.9.4p1 or below, you will need to follow the special steps in the upgrading documents linked below before upgrading and apply the patch mentioned.

You can download your copy of version 5.3.3 from your client dashboard. New clients will see the download available. For clients still using v4 of the SocialEngine PHP platform, you would need to first purchase the v5 upgrade in order to access the latest version.. 

Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation ticket and our team will get it installed in no time! To upgrade from a previous version to 5.3.3, please view our upgrade documentation.

If you find any issues with this release, please let us know by filing a bug report in our Bug Tracker

With Great Appreciation,
    The SocialEngine Team

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at November 25, 2020 12:08 PM EST
    • 7 posts
    December 3, 2020 9:13 PM EST

I started with se PHP 5. I was able to upgrade to 5.3.3 on the private development server just to see if it had negative effects on our modifications. But when we tried to upgrade the live server we had an upload limit. the server is AWS, and we have s3 set up. Do you have any idea what has happened? 

• 78 posts
    December 3, 2020 9:47 PM EST
    I would check php settings on max upload limits
    • 7 posts
    December 3, 2020 9:52 PM EST

Are you talking about the Admin back end?

• 78 posts
    December 3, 2020 10:04 PM EST
    Your server settings...look in your php.ini for post_max_size and upload_ max_filesize change it to like 50mb or something
    • 7 posts
    December 3, 2020 10:05 PM EST

My dev, can't change the php,ini on the live server. 

• 6923 posts
    December 4, 2020 4:20 AM EST

Have the host check the requirements. Sounds like your server is too low as themrt says. https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/81788966/se-php-socialengine-requirements but you can also follow the upgrade instructions at the bottom where it shows where to upload the files manually so they can be unzipped in the package manager, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5145140/se-php-performing-upgrades and I'll quote the section:

One way around this problem is to upload the file directly to SocialEngine using an FTP client. Log into your website over FTP and locate the "/temporary/package/archives/" directory in your SocialEngine path. Upload the tar file to this directory, and set the permissions of the file to 777. Then, proceed to the Manage > Packages & Plugins page. SocialEngine should be able to detect the file and extract its contents, allowing you to proceed with the rest of the installation.

• 7 posts
    December 6, 2020 3:22 PM EST

thanks it worked.