Forum Text Color

• 303 posts
    November 27, 2020 11:30 AM EST

On the actual Forum node or topic list page like the general forums on our site, the text is red and glaring when using the red serenity How do I change the text color to white?

• 6923 posts
    November 27, 2020 12:54 PM EST

The theme has various style settings, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/98238465/sephp-serenity-theme and if those don't work the way you want, you can always use inspect element to find the CSS for exactly what you want to change and then make a clone theme and add it to the theme.css in admin panel, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5243363/se-php-theme-editor . If none of that helps, let us know and I'll try to track down the CSS once I have some time.Remember though, when changing anything in the Serenity theme, put it in development mode and then disable development mode once done so that you can see your changes.

• 303 posts
    November 27, 2020 4:09 PM EST

I might not be doing it right but from what I can see it's says it's

ul.forum_topics .forum_topics_title h3>a {
     color:#E82F34 

but I can't find that in the theme files.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at November 28, 2020 5:08 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    November 28, 2020 5:14 AM EST

If it didn't work to change it in the Serenity settings first, or if you only want it changed in the forum or specific pages, then the steps are:

1. Make a clone theme (very easy to do by following that link I sent for the theme editor)

2. In that cloned theme in the theme.css in admin, add that code you found but make sure it's got a closing bracket and add it to the bottom of the theme.css. Save it and clear cache. You would change the color how you  want it. This has the closing bracket. 

ul.forum_topics .forum_topics_title h3>a {
     color:#E82F34 
    }

3. Put the site in Development mode which clears all caches and then put the site in Production mode.

4. Check the site in two browsers, the one you are already in, and a different one just to be sure browser cache isn't interfering. If you already see the change, you don't have to check in two browsers but I found out the hard way long ago that Chrome doesn't show colors in the same way that Firefox does. So, a nice antique white might look good in one browser but be an ugly yellowish color in another one. 

Also, use the free tool for checking for accessibility as color blind folks cannot read anything if it is not contrasted enough and falls within their spectrum and there are many different types of color blind spectrums. I use the free WAVE tool. Though I hadn't used it again on this site and I should do that.

• 303 posts
    November 28, 2020 5:36 AM EST

That worked! Thank you Donna.

• 6923 posts
    November 29, 2020 5:02 AM EST

You're welcome!