Album Image for new members showing with no photos

• 303 posts
    November 28, 2020 6:34 AM EST

New members are signing up and it shows the album image and there are no images. I do have the sign up process require a profile image. It should not be doing this, right?

• 348 posts
    November 28, 2020 12:45 PM EST

Hi Kim, 

These 'Wall Photos', 'Forum Photos' are 'Default Albums', these albums get created by default. You may set to hide such albums on Browse Albums Page here:

Site-URL/admin/album/settings

Setting "Make albums searchable?" 

Set this to 'No'  > Save the changes. 

Thanks!

• 6923 posts
    November 29, 2020 5:08 AM EST

or change the default images that shows by loading a different one to the server. I did add a feature request to add a setting for default album so admin can upload one but that's not on the soon to be done list. 

• 303 posts
    November 29, 2020 6:52 AM EST

There is nothing there when you click these. Why would I want to make a new image for it when it does nothing and goes nowhere. It's unappealing useless clutter and because it does nothing but takes you to a blank page it makes it look like the site is broken and broken sites don't become popular...

Also, I Changed the Make albums searchable and these things are still there and now there are more of them.

This post was edited by whatonearth at November 29, 2020 7:01 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    November 29, 2020 1:27 PM EST

The setting will make them not show if you have it set at No and fully clear cache and then check the site to see. As for my suggestion, I had thought you wanted wall photos to show and didn't like the default image. You change it on the server, not in admin btw. For now. 

Your site is a little special though and due to you having the old phpFox site with "gallery" folders where some images were, it could be that you have some "ghost" folders from deleted members as I see no member name and you say those are empty. The setting to remove ghost images may work for you to remove them all at once. However, I would suggest to back up the site before doing it due to your special circumstances. https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5144861/se-php-photo-albums the setting shown there for removing unmapped photos. Or, if you feel safer to delete them yourself, you could do that too.

• 303 posts
    December 2, 2020 6:28 AM EST

I did that and I still see them. I hate doing things over and over and it not working. It's a form of insanity I have been told. I will do it again to see if I missed something. So, I checked it again and I save it again. "Make default albums searchable?" Is set to No. "Make unauthorized album searchable?" Is set to No. It's been saved and the cache cleared. They are still there. I will delete them or whatever but the software should not do that. I know you don't want to hear that but it's the truth. That is broken. It's posting an image of an album for new users' photos when they upload a profile image and there are no photos and no album. It's broken in my understanding of the universe.

• 6923 posts
    December 2, 2020 6:52 AM EST

That does sound like there is an issue on your site. I didn't recall you saying it was for new members. Sorry. Can you please ensure that the site is running on Mysql and not Mariadb? PHP 7.2 and not above? Folder permissions all correct? https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5112151/se-php-optimized-file-and-folder-permissions And lastly, you are on 5.3.3 with https enabled?