Group Profile Image Dimension Concern

• 348 posts
    December 22, 2020 4:30 AM EST

Hi Donna, 

I was trying to upload a profile picture for my Expert Page. The expert profile images are not coming correct on the Expert Browse page. Can you please check by adjusting the block height once? Or you may suggest an apt size of the logo that needs to be uploaded for the logo to appear correctly. 

I have tried with varied sizes, but what happens is sometimes it gets cut off on the profile page and sometimes on the expert browse page

Thanks!

This post was edited by SocialEngineAddOns at December 22, 2020 12:33 PM EST
    • 6923 posts
    December 22, 2020 5:53 AM EST

Is this a feature request? It is in the feature request section. We can look at improving the Group Browse page design. This site uses the default Group plugin and we do not make source edits so any improvement will need to be as a feature improvement.

• 6923 posts
    December 22, 2020 5:54 AM EST

Please fix your title as the title is for group profile but the description is for the browse page. I am not clear on how you are asking it to be improved. Please follow the stickied guidelines when submitting feature requests. I already edited part of the title but then wasn't sure how it should read.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at December 22, 2020 5:55 AM EST
    • 348 posts
    December 22, 2020 12:47 PM EST

Donna, 

Apologies for not being clear enough!

I am referring to the Browse Experts page, the profile image which we upload for our expert page, gets resized and appear on the browse expert page. If you will have a close look at the images of the expert groups here on the browse expert page, you will notice the images are cut off. I tried upload images of varied sizes, but none worked. 

It would be great if you could suggest an apt size of the logo that needs to be uploaded for the logo to appear correctly on the browse expert page.

Thanks!

• 6923 posts
    December 23, 2020 4:59 AM EST

Thank you, I'll have to check on sizes as another thread also asked the same sort of question but as you know, this is a responsive theme. So dimensions are responsive too.

• 6923 posts
    December 24, 2020 12:53 PM EST

I've made a little CSS adjustment in the clone theme here to make it bigger on the group browse page. Hope that is better til we can improve the design.

• 6923 posts
    December 24, 2020 12:58 PM EST

I also added the widget to the group profile page to show the group profile photo on the left as it looks better for business to have a bigger image. Hope that works for now.

• 348 posts
    January 3, 2021 11:08 PM EST

The profile picture is now looking good. Thanks Donna!