CAPTCHA

• 128 posts
    December 29, 2020 3:51 PM EST

CloudFlare seems to have broken our emails so we are trying to enable CAPTCHA instead. Predictably, that isn't working out for us either. As you can see in the attached screenshots, the "Human Verification" is not showing up on the landing page, but does show up on the redirect page after you try to log in without completing the verification. It is also never showing up on the signup page, even after a failed attempt. Has anyone run into this problem and/or know how to fix it?

• 6923 posts
    December 29, 2020 6:13 PM EST

I normally don't enable recaptcha for sign in as those people have usually already verified they are valid users. It just makes it an extra step for log in. I'll have to test it tomorrow though and see if there is an issue. I do know it was working fine for V2 recaptcha for log in and sign up the last time I tested it last week. Did you try to make a new v2 recaptcha key just to see if perhaps the one you are using needs refreshing? 

• 128 posts
    December 29, 2020 6:44 PM EST

I gotcha on the verified users front, but you can see we tried to enable it for registration, too, and it's not working there, either. It's a brand new v2 recaptcha we just generated today, so I don't think it should need refreshing - also, it does work on the sign in redirect page, so it doesn't seem to be the captcha itself that is not functioning, but rather how it is getting embedded on the page. We decided to use v2 instead of v3 since it sounded like v3 has a learning curve and as you know we are having a lot of problems right now. Our hosting service said enabling captcha probably won't actually stop the bots we are experiencing anyway, so maybe the point is moot. 

• 6923 posts
    December 30, 2020 5:50 AM EST

I've tested on my staging and it is working for log in and sign up. I did set it to use the same landing page in your screenshot. Check with inspect element to see what is showing for the console and network tabs when you are on those pages.

• 6923 posts
    December 30, 2020 5:51 AM EST

The issue could be from cloudflare. Try disabling the extra features.