SocialEngine PHP Atlas Theme Release!

• 6923 posts
    September 18, 2017 2:19 PM EDT

We are pleased to announce the release of our Atlas responsive theme

This is an official SocialEngine theme for sale now in the certified marketplace. 

To recap some of the new features in Atlas, it contains:

• Autocomplete search
    • Fully responsive design
    • Visitor page banners
    • Redesigned posts and comments
    • Profile header redesign with profile banner
    • Redesigned music player
    • All Browse sections redesigned for optimal viewing
    • Activity feed redesigned
    • Full width video in feed
    • Full width/height chat
    • Forum topics redesign for best viewing
    • Edit form redesigned

Atlas has three styles - two with a vertical menu (one with black header and one with a white header, and a horizontal menu style. 

It's a pretty awesome theme!

A demo for Atlas is also available.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at September 18, 2017 2:20 PM EDT
  • gs
    • 857 posts
    September 18, 2017 2:41 PM EDT

Are 3PDs required to support this theme (or is it up to them)?  I ask because typically (at least for the 7-8 3PDs I've worked with) they guarantee their own 3PD products to function properly with the SE 'Default' Theme (which is now Insignia) and their own Themes, but no guarantees of compatibility with other 3PD products.  Thanks.

• 6923 posts
    September 18, 2017 4:30 PM EDT

This would be considered a purchased theme so it would be up to them whether to have their plugins work with it for free or as a customization to them. Good question!

• 348 posts
    September 19, 2017 1:19 AM EDT

Beautiful! Clean! Elegant! The new theme looks just awesome. Its of great use for the users who want simple yet attractive theme for their SocialEngine community. This theme has the prefect balance between look and content, appreciation for the SocialEngine developers for this nicely developed theme.

• 6923 posts
    September 19, 2017 4:44 AM EDT

Thank you for your feedback SEAO laughing 

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 22, 2017 3:17 PM EDT

Is the Demo using the Mobile Plugin?  I see the links for Full or Mobile site which is why I'm asking.  I thought this was a Responsive Theme and didn't require the Mobile Plugin.

• 6923 posts
    September 28, 2017 7:05 AM EDT

It doesn't require the mobile plugin. The demos are automatically generated from one base install and that install has mobile. 

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 28, 2017 8:21 AM EDT
    So is there a way to see how Responsive the Atlas Theme is on its own (i.e. w/o Mobile)? I prefer to not use Mobile - it shouldn't be needed if a theme is responsive 'enough'.
    • 6923 posts
    September 28, 2017 9:01 AM EDT

I will see if we can somehow get that removed without messing up the other one.

• 6923 posts
    September 28, 2017 9:03 AM EDT

I manually disabled it but once the auto-refresh runs, it will be enabled again until something can be changed.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 28, 2017 3:38 PM EDT

Thanks anyway for trying 

Since so many 'Responsive' themes still rely on Mobile and/or are not very Responsive, I was hoping to test Atlas out on its own to see how Responsive it actually is, w/o mobile interfering (like it does here in the forums).

• 6923 posts
    September 29, 2017 7:00 AM EDT

But I manually changed it for you yesterday so you could see. Didn't you get a chance to see it before it changed back?

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 29, 2017 8:26 AM EDT
    My apologies, but I didn't realize I had a day to do this due to not knowing how long before auto-refreshes. But that's okay because my suggestion is that the demo shouldn't have Mobi anyway in order to demonstrate to everyone how Responsive Atlas is. It sortof defeats the purpose of the Demo if one can't actually test (at any time) a primary reason for purchasing the Theme.
    • 6923 posts
    September 29, 2017 9:47 AM EDT

We're working on a solution for this.