Language pack not showing

• 103 posts
    December 30, 2020 10:25 AM EST

Hi! Happy New Year to all! I have translated my site to 18 languages, but 2 are not showing. They are in the application/languages but are not showing in the admin Language Manager or site.

They are the Chinese Simple and Traditional languages. How can I make them show?

• 6923 posts
    December 30, 2020 10:47 AM EST

For now, you'll need to work within the supported locales for the zend version we use. Chinese is all the way down that list I linked. Later on, we are going to find a better way to have languages. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 103 posts
    December 30, 2020 12:05 PM EST

Thank you, Donna!!! Happy New Year!!!!

• 6923 posts
    December 31, 2020 4:54 AM EST

You're welcome.Happy New Year!!! 

• 103 posts
    December 31, 2020 9:56 AM EST

Hi! I managed to create the 2 Chinese language packages, traditional and simple and the Filipino one also. They are now showing in the site.

• 6923 posts
    December 31, 2020 10:11 AM EST

That's awesome! Can you please share how you did it so others can know?

• 103 posts
    January 3, 2021 8:56 AM EST

Hi! Sure!

First create the Chinese language pack with the Language Translator plugin from either SE Solutions or SE Addons. It asks if you want to download the CSV file to see it and I said yes. The files that you translated to the Chinese language are in the application/languages folder under  a folder created with this name: zh_TW.

Make sure to rename that folder like I did: zh_TW-1 this is an example. The reason is because when you follow the steps bellow you will be creating a similar file like this: zh_TW.

Then I go to admin: Language Manager/Upload New Pack.

Choose the Chinese language you want to upload from the Language drop down selections. Then upload the Chinese CSV file that you just downloaded, and the pack is created. The file is converted to a custom.csv once uploaded.

Now the good part. The files that you translated to the Chinese language are in the application/languages folder that you renamed.  There open the new folder where you uploaded the CSV file and you will see that it is a custom.csv file. Download it and Save it. Then Delete it.

Now got to the folder that you renamed and open it. You will see all you translated .csv files there. Move all of them to the new created folder where the custom.csv file was and that is it.

Your language is now ready and your users can find it in the footer section in the members area.

The above steps are the same for any language that you created/translated but is not showing in the Language Manager and Footer in the members area.

Hope I explained this well to be followed.

• 103 posts
    January 3, 2021 9:00 AM EST

Forgot to mention that you must have the Google API for this to work.

• 348 posts
    January 4, 2021 4:41 AM EST
    iKori said:

Hi! Sure!

First create the Chinese language pack with the Language Translator plugin from either SE Solutions or SE Addons. It asks if you want to download the CSV file to see it and I said yes. The files that you translated to the Chinese language are in the application/languages folder under  a folder created with this name: zh_TW.

Make sure to rename that folder like I did: zh_TW-1 this is an example. The reason is because when you follow the steps bellow you will be creating a similar file like this: zh_TW.

Then I go to admin: Language Manager/Upload New Pack.

Choose the Chinese language you want to upload from the Language drop down selections. Then upload the Chinese CSV file that you just downloaded, and the pack is created. The file is converted to a custom.csv once uploaded.

Now the good part. The files that you translated to the Chinese language are in the application/languages folder that you renamed.  There open the new folder where you uploaded the CSV file and you will see that it is a custom.csv file. Download it and Save it. Then Delete it.

Now got to the folder that you renamed and open it. You will see all you translated .csv files there. Move all of them to the new created folder where the custom.csv file was and that is it.

Your language is now ready and your users can find it in the footer section in the members area.

The above steps are the same for any language that you created/translated but is not showing in the Language Manager and Footer in the members area.

Hope I explained this well to be followed.

Thanks iKori for this post, it will really help community owners. 

• 6923 posts
    January 4, 2021 4:44 AM EST

That was a great post iKori! Thank you!

• 103 posts
    January 4, 2021 6:07 AM EST

You are all more than welcome!