SocialEngine PHP 5.4.1 Released!

• 6923 posts
    January 12, 2021 7:51 AM EST

We released a small maintenance release, 5.4.1 to address cosmetic issues with the new classified design. This includes the changes in the change log and addresses an issue with the classified photos not showing to the right when clicked, and an issue with the drop down menus going behind the profile photos.

Our community is already running 5.4.1 

For this release, only the core and classified plugin need to be upgraded.

• 6923 posts
    January 12, 2021 11:01 AM EST

I forgot to mention that we updated the classified photo view with a nice photo lightbox viewer for better viewing of the photos when clicked. 

• 183 posts
    January 14, 2021 8:35 AM EST

Thank you, Donna!  

I purchased an upgrade today. Could you please clarify for me the following:

1) We used a beautiful Insignia theme in 4.10.5 version. It does not work properly on the new version. Some troubles with icons view and others. Is there any way to fix the look of an old theme?  

2) I did not understand how we can use mobile app. When we tested it we downloaded the app SocialEngine, but I do not get what our community users should download? Please, explain this.

Thank you! 

• 6923 posts
    January 14, 2021 8:46 AM EST
    Katya said:

Thank you, Donna!  

I purchased an upgrade today. Could you please clarify for me the following:

1) We used a beautiful Insignia theme in 4.10.5 version. It does not work properly on the new version. Some troubles with icons view and others. Is there any way to fix the look of an old theme?  

2) I did not understand how we can use mobile app. When we tested it we downloaded the app SocialEngine, but I do not get what our community users should download? Please, explain this.

Thank you! 

Hi Katya!

Thank you for purchasing the upgrade!

In the future, please post questions like this in a separate thread as the release thread is not for those. It makes it hard for other clients to find the same answer if searching.

-- We mentioned in our blog post that Insignia was deprecated and no longer supported or maintained. You would need to fix it yourself or hire an expert to fix theme issues. Our latest is using Fontawesome 5 and Insignia used Fontawesome 4. You might be able to manually change the menu icons and pick the Fontawesome 5 icons instead. https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5145078/se-php-menu-editor . Just so you know, our new Serenity theme is fully responsive and a better choice if you have members using cell phones or other mobile devices.

-- If you followed all of the details to install it and finish the configuration with SocialNetworking.Solutions mentioned in the tutorial, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/163381249/se-php-installing-and-managing-mobile-apps , then your users would get the app on their mobile device like they do any app. You can see at our demo.socialengine.com when on a mobile device, if you click the iOS or Android app icon, you would get the app just like any app.

Hope that helps!

For other questions, please create a new thread.

• 183 posts
    January 14, 2021 10:38 AM EST

Thank you, Donna!  

It helps now! 

It was not obvious at all where I should download additional packages. I searched through the products in my Dashboard and found nothing. I upgraded the community following the instructions for upgrade and did not see any links to any tutorials. But now thanks to your links I hope I will manage :-) 

Thank you once again! 

• 6923 posts
    January 14, 2021 1:27 PM EST

Glad it worked for you. Can you give me more info on how we can improve this process? We are working on another dashboard so perhaps that will help find downloads. You mentioned you cannot find the upgrade tutorials? Or do you mean that when you click the Learning Center menu in the top of this site, once there you cannot find tutorials? We would like to improve the process. 

• 183 posts
    January 15, 2021 6:54 AM EST

Hi, Donna,

The thing is that I did not sign in to this forum. I just went to my personal area on socialengine.com, chose Dashboard and saw there a kind of advertisement to upgrade my current platform. I pressed the button, went through the payment process and saw the new downloads in the Dashboard. Then I just downloaded them and started upgrade. To be sure that I was doing everything correctly I checked Support Desk from the menu Support and then chose Installing and Upgrading link (and then Performing Upgrade). Since everything went smoothly I did not even try to log in to Forum. But when I realised that I do not understand how to launch the mobile app, I went back and searched for Mobile App in Upgrade section and in the left main menu as well, but did not find. 

But I've checked now - Learning Center is exactly the same page that I chose from personal area (Support Desk). And I still do not realise how I can get the article that you sent me above from this menu. I choose Installing and Upgrading if I need to upgrade the system and I do not see any menus about Mobile App. As far as I understood the only way to find it is to choose Admin Panel from the left menu and look there. But as for me it is too complicated and not obvious at all. I would not think this way (that I need to search for Admin Panel to get information about Mobile App).

May be it would be worthing to create the additional menu and to put there all the articles regarding upgrading from 4.9.x to 5.x.x.?

Hope I helped you a little :-)

Thanks,

Katya 

• 6923 posts
    January 15, 2021 7:56 AM EST

Hi Katya, Yes that is helpful info for us. For finding tutorials, when at the Learning Center, if you use the search box and type mobile in it, it should find that tutorial just in case you need to find things again.

We will look at how we can improve the learning center to make it easier.