Video Questions

• 233 posts
    January 15, 2021 6:20 PM EST

Hello

I would like members to (1) Upload videos from computer, phone, etc; (2) --or-- be able to point to their third-parry host YouTube, Vimeo, etc videos and upload their own videos (or others) to our site.

I see SocialEngine has Video Sharing module--that do above?

Also, in my Admin panel under Settings I see Facebook and Twitter but not any video sharing sites?

Currently, I and some others use ADD LINK in Activity Feed to load YouTube URLs where video shows in feed.

Any help appreciated, Gary

• 348 posts
    January 16, 2021 6:29 AM EST

Gary

You may have a look at the Advanced Videos / Channels / Playlists Plugin

--> Allows automatic upload of videos in the channels of your site from the associated YouTube channel.
    --> Enable / disable automatic upload of videos. [Admin Configurable]
    --> Set the count for number of videos to be uploaded automatically. [Admin Configurable]
    --> Set the count for number of days for videos to be uploaded automatically from YouTube channel to your site channel.

You can uploaded videos from below Video Sources:

- My Computer
    - YouTube
    - Vimeo
    - Dailymotion
    - Embed Code

In case you feel the plugin is fulfilling your requirement, you may use the ongoing Weekend 20% Discount. Use Coupon Code: WEEKEDNBLISS 

Drop in a message for any queries. 

Thanks!

• 6923 posts
    January 16, 2021 6:11 PM EST
    Gary said:

Hello

I would like members to (1) Upload videos from computer, phone, etc; (2) --or-- be able to point to their third-parry host YouTube, Vimeo, etc videos and upload their own videos (or others) to our site.

I see SocialEngine has Video Sharing module--that do above?

Also, in my Admin panel under Settings I see Facebook and Twitter but not any video sharing sites?

Currently, I and some others use ADD LINK in Activity Feed to load YouTube URLs where video shows in feed.

Any help appreciated, Gary

The default video plugin does allow video uploads, YouTube and videos from many other sources. The YouTube integration requires you to follow the video plugin tutorial to add the YouTube api key just for YouTube. For video uploads, your server needs FFMPEG. As for other sites, you can share from many other sources as we integrate iFramely for that and they have about 1900 sources allowed. 

• 233 posts
    January 19, 2021 5:16 PM EST

@Donna ... can you paste the iFramely embed code directly into the Activity Feed? Thanks Gary

• 233 posts
    January 19, 2021 5:56 PM EST

I tried pasting EMBED code, did not work ... as expected ... unless there is trick I don't know :-) Gary

• 233 posts
    January 19, 2021 6:04 PM EST

I see in Admin Panel iFramely setting and understand how it works in Activity Feed.

Exploring options for Video Module (similar to Photo module) ... @socialappstech, if I purchase your app do we have to reinstall each time there is a SEPHP upgrade? Thanks Gary

• 233 posts
    January 19, 2021 6:08 PM EST

@socialappstech,my SEPHP verision is 5.2.1 core. Here is what I am thinking of doing, hire you all to upgrade SEPHP, new SEPHP PHoto Module and your Video app, cost for all three to be installed and how would I request all three to be installed? You all have done upgrades for me so you can email my account with you. Account: coloradobirder. Thanks Gary

• 348 posts
    January 20, 2021 4:06 AM EST
    Gary said:

I see in Admin Panel iFramely setting and understand how it works in Activity Feed.

Exploring options for Video Module (similar to Photo module) ... @socialappstech, if I purchase your app do we have to reinstall each time there is a SEPHP upgrade? Thanks Gary

Gary
    No, there is no need to reinstall the plugin on every SocialEngine upgrade. Whenever SocialEngine releases a new version, we release compatible version of our plugins and you will just need to upgrade the already installed plugins. 

Thanks!

• 348 posts
    January 20, 2021 4:07 AM EST
    Gary said:

@socialappstech,my SEPHP verision is 5.2.1 core. Here is what I am thinking of doing, hire you all to upgrade SEPHP, new SEPHP PHoto Module and your Video app, cost for all three to be installed and how would I request all three to be installed? You all have done upgrades for me so you can email my account with you. Account: coloradobirder. Thanks Gary

Gary
    I've replied via message for this query, please check your inbox once. 
    Thanks!

• 6923 posts
    January 20, 2021 5:05 AM EST
    Gary said:

I tried pasting EMBED code, did not work ... as expected ... unless there is trick I don't know :-) Gary

If you are on current versions above 4.8, then the iframely will automatically grab the link if you post a link. If you are posting a video url, you click the video icon and it will grab and embed the video. It does require the SEPHP official video plugin to work. For YOuTube, you need to do the YouTube API just for that. For the 1500+ other video sharing sites, it works fine.

For your own private videos, you can use vimeo paid version at vimeo. I used that for my private ScriptTech's videos and then shared them to my own site. It worked fine for me that way.