YouTube Not Rendering in Activity Feed?

• 233 posts
    February 1, 2021 10:48 AM EST

Hi all

I am in latest version of SEPHP. Previously when posting YouTube links via Activity Feed using Add Link it would render a snapshot of the video, now it only displays a URL link? Admin Setting I missed after upgrading to latest version? Thanks Gary

• 6923 posts
    February 1, 2021 3:09 PM EST

You are clicking to add a link instead of to add a video. You don't seem to have the video plugin installed or if you do have it installed, you don't have it activated. In order to share videos, please install or activate the video plugin. You will need to also follow the video tutorial for adding the YouTube api key if you want to share Youtube videos once you do activate/install the video plugin.

• 233 posts
    February 1, 2021 3:22 PM EST

Hi Donna

Here is an example where previously and recently clicked Add Link in Activity Feed, placed Youtube URL in the box and it attached a frame snapshot to the post:

• 6923 posts
    February 1, 2021 3:24 PM EST

Yes. I know. But, the Youtube api changed and no longer worked in the iframely integration that grabs links. You either need to activate/install the video plugin or get a third party expert to do a customization or maybe a third party plugin. You can use the SEPHP video plugin without enabling video uploads if you only want video share links.

• 233 posts
    February 1, 2021 3:27 PM EST

Gotcha, thx! Gary