Networks

• 38 posts
    February 20, 2021 10:23 PM EST

We are having an issue and most likely on our end. We only have 1 Network called North America. However each time a member signs up they are unable to see certain things, example on the wall they don't see pictures etc..

What we are doing, is going into each profile as sign ups are coming in and selecting North America and bam they can see everything.

Anyone shine some light on this issue and tell us how to make it automated for each member that signs up to make them North America?

• 6923 posts
    February 21, 2021 5:46 AM EST

Having one network defeats the whole purpose of networks. It is to add extra privacy so that things can be posted to the networks they go to or posted to general view. This allows a site to filter content based on the user's interests or the site's niche. For example, on my site I use networks for literary genres. This helps keep the Erotica posts from the general view and lets people sign up to see content based on their interests. A car site could have networks based on the type of car. A food site could have networks set up per type of cuisine. 

When learning the script, it's best to check the documentation. The Learning Center, linked above in the menus, has every setting in admin explained in documentation. It can be very helpful as a reference.

Here's a link to the Network tutorial, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5243294/se-php-networks which shows how to auto-assign members to a network. Hope that helps. 

• 38 posts
    February 21, 2021 12:50 PM EST

Thanks Donna it did help. I figured out what I was doing wrong too. For us it's a niche site and we wouldn't use other networks just one. Your great and thank you too for helping explain!