Member Profile Has a Different Layout For Public

• 303 posts
    February 23, 2021 12:35 PM EST

When I am not logged in I see a funky page layout that only has one follower's widget in the left sidebar for member profiles and when I am logged in it shows the one that we have set up appearance in the layout editor. 

I tried finding a setting for the public and the manage members but there is nothing there. The member level for the public has the name and no other options. 

I have looked high and low and I can't find this page or permission setting anywhere. Does anyone know what I should do? It looks bad. 

• 303 posts
    February 23, 2021 12:43 PM EST

I want to clarify and when I try to edit my post above I get a page that says 

Private Page

You do not have permission to view this private page.

Go Back

So, I just want to say that it is the members profile page that is funky when not logged in. 

• 6923 posts
    February 24, 2021 5:56 AM EST

We don't allow editing of posts here in order to preserve things when needed. Please do send us a screenshot of a member profile as a guest and logged in. It can be a test member if that's better for you. Also, as Ritika mentions, please also show us the layout editor page for the user profile.

• 303 posts
    February 24, 2021 7:53 AM EST

I don't think it's clear what is going on so first let me say this. This is happening for all users. All user profiles have this issue. It's mine and all members. It's like there is a separate layout for the public and then the layout logged in.

So, its' not that users privacy setting unless all users privacy settings got set somehow.

Can you tell me what to look for before I do the screen shot? Also, if I do a screen show can you make it private.

• 303 posts
    February 24, 2021 7:53 AM EST

I checked my privacy settings and everything is set to everyone.

• 6923 posts
    February 24, 2021 7:55 AM EST

I just need to see what shows as logged in and what shows as guest even if the image is cropped or a test user or both of those. The layout editor image is needed so we can see what widgets are enabled on the user profile page. If you need to have the image private, you can send it via pm to me if that will help. 

• 6923 posts
    February 24, 2021 7:56 AM EST

Or, does it do the same thing at our demo where we can view it perhaps? 

• 303 posts
    February 24, 2021 10:49 AM EST

It does look something like the demo but it has the followers on the left side for guests and the user is called public not guests. So how can I edit the layout for that?

• 6923 posts
    February 24, 2021 11:20 AM EST

Ok if it is the same issue you see at the demo, we have a small bug for the profile info widget in regards to the Last Login setting. We have a fix coming in version 5.5. You could disable the Show Last Login for each member level for now and see if that helps. If it's not that, please take a screenshot of the layout editor for the user profile so we can see the widgets you have enabled and then I will set up the same thing on my test site to see if there's a bug in it or if maybe a widget is on there that doesn't belong.