SocialEngine PHP 5.5.0 Released!

• 6923 posts
    April 1, 2021 9:35 AM EDT

We are very happy to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 5.5.0! This release adds improvements, bug fixes and more!

Features and Improvements:

• Online events! We’ve added the ability to select “Online” as an option when making events. This is a hot request item! Now, you and your members will be able to set events as online and post the website link. 

• Improved two step authentication for deleting account by adding buttons to make it clear how to get the verification code and how to confirm deleting the account.

• Links now grab the favicon of a site if no og:image exists. This is great for making nice looking link shares in the activity feed.

• Added member level settings for “Can change email” and a setting to require a verification code for changing the email if the member is allowed to change their email.

Following is a list of fixes in this release:

Bugs Fixed:

• Fixed - Profile question multi-line text input loses formatting for paragraph.
    • Fixed - Photo Album long name overlaps date and time stamp in feed.
    • Fixed - Photo albums not showing in profile albums tab.
    • Fixed - Icons in notification flag displayed not found for some images. Improved this to show the user profile image for each notification.
    • Fixed - Cover photo reposition was not working.
    • Fixed - Clicking Stats for user in admin panel produced undefined index for baseURL.
    • Fixed - Sign out menu not using icon.
    • Fixed - Notification privacy settings not working for in-site notifications.
    • Fixed - Warning log code incorrect for auto delete.
    • Fixed - List formatting issue in forum posts.
    • Fixed - Video with Emoji in title shows Unicode.
    • Fixed - Message MiniMenu - Mark All Read Not Working.
    • Fixed - Links not opening in blog.
    • Fixed - Show error if user enters a space in their name, which is not an allowed character.
    • Fixed - Invitation does not check for duplicate email.
    • Fixed - Viewing profile as guest creates error in log for missing level_id.
    • Fixed - Super admin unable to modify, close, delete or manage group and event discussions.
    • Fixed - Long content name overlaps timestamp in feed.
    • Fixed - Emojis displaying unicode in cover area when entered via Windows keyboard.
    • Fixed - Error with level_id for profile info widget when viewed as guest.
      Fixed - Expiry notification for subscriptions sends every 6 hours if value at 0 for date.
    • Fixed - Phrase in admin/core/settings/password.
    • Fixed - Added phrase in the payment transactions page as payments from payment gateways can take 24 - 48 hours to show.
    • Mobile App Fixes and Improvements:
      • Fixed- iOS App Site Title Missing
      • Fixed - SESapi issue with likes, comments and reporting feed items if the api and mobile apps are installed but not activated.

A complete changelog is available for more details about the changes and fixes implemented in this 5.5.0 release. Please view our demo of v5 and explore the new features! 

As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself. Always check with third party experts for compatibility with any products you use before upgrading.

Important: If you are on version 4.9.4p1 or below, you will need to follow the special steps in the upgrading documents linked below before upgrading and apply the patch mentioned.

You can download your copy of version 5.5.0 from our newyour client dashboard. New clients will see the download available. For clients still using v4 of the SocialEngine PHP platform, you would need to first purchase the v5 upgrade in order to access the latest version. If you hadn’t requested to be moved to our new dashboard, please contact us.

Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation ticket and our team will get it installed in no time! To upgrade from a previous version to 5.5.0, please view our upgrade documentation.

If you find any issues with this release, please let us know by filing a bug report in our Bug Tracker. We’d also like to encourage you to stay connected with the community.

With Great Appreciation,
    The SocialEngine Team

• 348 posts
    April 1, 2021 12:27 PM EDT

Another great release by SocialEngine PHP with bug fixes and improvements!! 

• 78 posts
    April 1, 2021 7:08 PM EDT

Is this April's fool joke? LOL

Thank you for the new release like always!

• 6923 posts
    April 2, 2021 4:50 AM EDT

LOL you're welcome.Always great to have releases. 

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at April 2, 2021 4:50 AM EDT
    • 265 posts
    April 3, 2021 7:05 AM EDT

Arghhhh! Just when I thought I was all up to date with gettting my site fully up-to-date.

• 6923 posts
    April 3, 2021 9:22 AM EDT

Sorry! Have to nail bugs though

• 33 posts
    April 4, 2021 2:35 AM EDT

How can I access this, it is only showing 5.4.1 for me 

Any help would be great

Thanks

• 6923 posts
    April 4, 2021 5:32 AM EDT

Hi Ed, in our post above we say it is only in the new client dashboard and provided a link to it. You show a screenshot of the old dashboard. Please use the new dashboard. We mention that if you hadn't requested to be moved to the new dash to please contact us as it is a manual process for us to move accounts.

• 33 posts
    April 4, 2021 5:41 AM EDT
    Donna said:

Hi Ed, in our post above we say it is only in the new client dashboard and provided a link to it. You show a screenshot of the old dashboard. Please use the new dashboard. We mention that if you hadn't requested to be moved to the new dash to please contact us as it is a manual process for us to move accounts.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure how to access it, my existing username and password are not working nor does the forgot password email link 

• 33 posts
    April 4, 2021 5:46 AM EDT
    Ed Clarke said:
    Donna said:

Thanks for the reply. Not sure how to access it, my existing username and password are not working nor does the forgot password email link 

I have sent an email to SE about the dashboard upgrade. Not sure if you can push this forward so I can upgrade or if you can simply send me the download link. I want to test the transactions feature as this is something that has been a problem for me and my community. Many thanks, Ed 

• 6923 posts
    April 4, 2021 6:20 AM EDT

I did a quick check in the old ticket system and there is no new ticket today. As it is a major holiday, I will be off as we don't work holidays or weekends. I just come check on things. Please be sure to log in to the old dashboard to send a ticket. If you don't have support, after you log into the old dashboard you can click the support and it should let you send one. If not, after you log in please click the footer widget for support. I'll move you tomorrow as I will be with family today.

• 33 posts
    April 4, 2021 6:24 AM EDT
    Donna said:

I did a quick check in the old ticket system and there is no new ticket today. As it is a major holiday, I will be off as we don't work holidays or weekends. I just come check on things. Please be sure to log in to the old dashboard to send a ticket. If you don't have support, after you log into the old dashboard you can click the support and it should let you send one. If not, after you log in please click the footer widget for support. I'll move you tomorrow as I will be with family today.

Can you please send me a link to the upgrade file or send it to my email. I really need to get this updated today.

thanks 

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at April 4, 2021 7:04 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    April 4, 2021 6:39 AM EDT

There is no ticket. Please don't use the email method. Please log in and create a ticket. I will be off. It is a holiday. I will check in an hour though to see if you created the ticket.

• 33 posts
    April 4, 2021 6:49 AM EDT
    Donna said:

There is no ticket. Please don't use the email method. Please log in and create a ticket. I will be off. It is a holiday. I will check in an hour though to see if you created the ticket.

no problems, I have opened a ticket. 

Happy easter x

• 6923 posts
    April 4, 2021 7:02 AM EDT

Ok I moved all of your licenses over.If anything needs to be changed, I'll do that tomorrow if you please submit a new ticket in the new system. It does require log in to submit tickets there.

• 6923 posts
    April 4, 2021 7:04 AM EDT

I edited your post above to remove your email so you don't get spammed a bunch.

• 33 posts
    April 4, 2021 7:11 AM EDT
    Donna said:

Ok I moved all of your licenses over.If anything needs to be changed, I'll do that tomorrow if you please submit a new ticket in the new system. It does require log in to submit tickets there.

Thank you so much Donna. Have a wonderful easter 

• 6923 posts
    April 4, 2021 11:28 AM EDT

Our community is running 5.5 now. No issues seen yet. 

• 33 posts
    April 4, 2021 11:44 AM EDT

The transactions seem to be working perfectly, thanks for getting this fixed. 

Can I ask if it has also fixed if the payment fails, will it put the member into the correct member level? I am not really sure how any of that works and I have been using an excel doc to keep it all updated. 

Thanks Again 

Ed

• 6923 posts
    April 5, 2021 5:33 AM EDT

That is a separate issue. Please don't post issues in the release thread. If you ping in your issue for that, I'll look at it. 

• 629 posts
    May 19, 2021 10:15 PM EDT

Thank you for the update. I had to upload the mobile and upgrade Tar files to temporary/package/archives to get them to extract properly.

• 6923 posts
    May 20, 2021 5:18 AM EDT

That happens on some servers. I've had to do it before too.