Problem with POLL and EVENTS

• 318 posts
    April 10, 2021 4:33 AM EDT

Hello,

We found a small problem with the POLLS and EVENTS modules.

If you set the rights for the public to OPEN. Content is not displayed when a visitor is not logged in. (There are no polls yet.)

This is problematic because Google cannot index these pages.

Do you have the same concerns?

Did we make a mistake?

Thank you in advance

• 6923 posts
    April 10, 2021 5:25 AM EDT

Are you seeing the same issue at our demo? https://demo.socialengine.com/events and https://demo.socialengine.com/polls ? It shows fine to me. This seems a site specific issue and not a bug. Perhaps you have network privacy or something. Please note that we take one bug per report and we do have a stickied thread which explains how to submit a bug. You should always test at our demo as well. It helps rule out site issues. 

• 318 posts
    April 10, 2021 11:31 AM EDT

Thanks Donna.

It's really very strange because we have a good understanding of the SE product and the site has just been installed and is not yet open.

We will re-test and I will keep you informed. T

hank you and good evening.

• 318 posts
    April 10, 2021 11:44 AM EDT

Really weird. I have the problem with version 5.5, but not with version 5.4.

We will find the cause of our problem.

• 318 posts
    April 10, 2021 12:03 PM EDT

We found a lead. Surveys created by the Super Admin are not displayed to the public.

On the other hand, if it is a member who created it, it is displayed.

It is clearly a malfunction. If you have a solution to make them appear, that would be great.

Otherwise, we have to create them all again with a member account.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

• 6923 posts
    April 10, 2021 12:07 PM EDT

We fixed privacy in some areas. Perhaps the privacy settings for the super admin account are not set. If you would please try logging in as your super admin user and going to the privacy setting for that account and saving each one. Even if you don't change them. Sometimes the settings just need a kick. Checking the demo, https://demo.socialengine.com/events/past the event post from super admin user shows. I didn't have a poll posted there but can try one.

• 6923 posts
    April 10, 2021 12:15 PM EDT

https://demo.socialengine.com/polls I wanted to make sure it works with super admin and hadn't made any polls from that account for the demo. It showed for me. Can you verify that you can see the poll I created? It is one about books.

• 318 posts
    April 10, 2021 12:29 PM EDT

I think there is a serious problem. I explain to you.

2 Accounts created

Account 1 - Original super admin when creating the site.
    Account 2 - A Member account switched to Super admin

I load the surveys with account n ° 2. (Member who became Super Admin)

Then when you go to the account 1 administrator (Another browser to avoid collisions)

The polls appear as if it was the account 1 which had created the polls (with Icon of member 1) !!!

And the polls still don't work out for a single member.

There is a small problem in my opinion with the rights (which I have revalidated several times to drive the point home

• 6923 posts
    April 12, 2021 5:03 AM EDT

When you say you load the surveys, are you using a plugin named survey or are you using the default poll? 

Are you creating them or loading them from a database backup, inserting into the database?

Are these the same names as the other polls you made? 

I cannot reproduce this on my test site. 

• 6923 posts
    April 12, 2021 5:03 AM EDT

Did you double check our requirements to ensure your server is not running something that conflicts such as MariaDB, PHP above 7.2, etc? It doesn't work with those.

• 318 posts
    April 12, 2021 5:15 AM EDT

Hello Donna,

No, we are not using MariaDB but Mysql
    We are in PHP 7.2
    We use the SE Polls and Events modules by default.

Now, this is not a major malfunction.
    We will recreate the content with the Member account and not in Super Admin.

But we keep looking.

• 6923 posts
    April 12, 2021 7:20 AM EDT

Ok as many hosts moved to MariaDB which is a fork of Mysql and they don't tell clients they changed. It causes issues. I am not sure what can be happening at your site with your super admin account other than privacy settings or network privacy settings.

• 318 posts
    April 15, 2021 11:09 AM EDT

Yes we know about MariaBD. We have migrated all our databases to Mysql in order to avoid the problems.

Now we have some other pretty weird issues. For example, on the forums, a member found himself administrator of a section ...

Or I work too much or I have to stop drinking

I have been working on SE for several years and I really do not understand.

We are still investigating where these problems are coming from. I will keep you informed.

• 6923 posts
    April 15, 2021 11:47 AM EDT

Was the site imported or something? It sounds like the site was imported or users were or something and that it wasn't done correctly to establish the user connections properly in the database maybe. Hard to tell. You have a lot of odd issues with your site that seem like something got changed in the database without checking all of the connections as it is very complex.

• 318 posts
    April 15, 2021 11:58 AM EDT

No, the site is brand new. Recently installed and it is not yet open to the public. It is on the same server as our other sites. It is incomprehensible. Our network administrator is going crazy. But we will find ...

• 6923 posts
    April 15, 2021 12:09 PM EDT

double check that the database isn't somehow connecting to your other site database perhaps. It is very odd.