Help! Navigation menu disappeared & I have no idea why!

• 49 posts
    April 12, 2021 2:50 PM EDT

Hello everyone,

Really hoping someone can help: I was planning to update my site, www.radiosalescafe.com, to SE version 5.5 (I've been keeping up with all updates prior to this one), and when I went to check the site this morning, I found that the menu bar at the top with the tabs to navigate to various sections of the website is completely missing . . . I can't even sign out or get to the admin page.

Here's a screenshot:

This is happening just with the "full site" view; the mobile view remains unaffected, but I don't know how to get to the admin dashboard from the mobile view. And to make matters worse, when I browse off the mobile view home page, it switches to the menu-less full site view and I have no way of getting back to the mobile view.

Any solutions or ideas for fixing this would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Rebecca

• 6923 posts
    April 12, 2021 5:55 PM EDT

It's odd that you have the mobile plugin enabled with that theme. You may want to check with SNS as our v5 doesn't support the mobile plugin as it has mobile apps and also the fully responsive Serenity theme. I don't know if the mobile plugin is interfering or if the theme needs some update due to browser changes. Hard to tell. You could use the direct url to log out. yoursite.com/logout if that helps. 

I know you said the mobile is unaffected but I am wondering if perhaps the code is messing up since the plugin isn't supported in v5. 

• 49 posts
    April 12, 2021 7:20 PM EDT

Thanks, Donna! I will get in touch with SNS. I am working with them about some other aspects of the theme I purchased from them some time ago that don't seem to be functioning optimally with the latest SE versions. Appreciate your help! - Rebecca

• 6923 posts
    April 13, 2021 8:00 AM EDT

Great! Please update this thread once you get it resolved or if it doesn't get resolved.

• 49 posts
    April 23, 2021 9:53 PM EDT

Hello Donna! Just wanted to let you know that SNS was able to resolve this issue on their end. Thanks again for your help! - Rebecca

• 6923 posts
    April 26, 2021 8:24 AM EDT

That's great! Glad they got it fixed and thank you so much for updating this!!